summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 12, 2021

sneaking off to Florida!

 



Ahh, there are no words.  Warmth, sunshine, soft sand...a long walk on the beach.  We clocked 3 miles today.  Our trip down here was great, 3 hours and voila, we're in St. Pete's!  

We visited with grandma, she's doing quite well.  We went on a little family trip to Publix..


Local strawberries!  mmmm.

We're at our airbnb now, one block from the beach, snuggling down for the night after having tacos from a local place, and watching Freaky Friday.  Yes, we're mature.  We went to Walmart for Diet Coke, eggs, butter, sausage, cheese popcorn, oranges (from California!  Go figure!), and two bags of Easter candy, shh. and a chair for me.  Yes, I wasted $9.97 on a chair that we'll have to leave here.  Two days I'll use it, but hey, five bucks a day to set my ample hind end into a chair instead of heaving up and down from a towel, that's a bargain, right? 

So we're having too much fun.  I can't even tell you how much fun it is.  Abigail is sharing a room with me, and the other two are in the living room on the pull out couch.  It's a beach-y vibe in this place, not fancy, but very nice.  It's clean, and it's just fun to be here with no schedule!  



2 comments:

Linda said...

Sticking my tongue out. ((giggling))

Unknown said...

Hi Della. Looks lovely so enjoy!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦