summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 26, 2021

what can I possibly say?

 Today, I decided to get the sewing machine out again.  I don't quite have a sewing room yet, although I could set one up in one of the empty bedrooms.  Instead, I store the machine and all the sewing stuff in the bench in my room, and bring it out to the kitchen table.  Today,  decided to line the metal bin/basket/container we keep seltzers and drinks in, so we can use it as our family Easter basket.  (I am going to fill some baskets for the grandkids, because I love filling baskets).  Then the kids here can share a big basket...but Mr. Kitty, Orange Guy, hopped right in as soon as I finished making it..



Yeah, so I'm going to have to wash that before I put candy in it...

Today was Tiki Marsala day, with naan bread...



Yeah, some of them got a wee bit dark, oops.  After the second rise, I flatten the little pieces of dough, brush them with olive oil and garlic, and put them in the panini maker for a few minutes.  I was sautéing a pan of shredded cabbage at the same time.

Emily just stopped by, wearing an N95 you'll be glad to know.   She wanted to check on Paul, as he is still quite sick.  He was back in bed today, mid morning, and I was very worried.  It just isn't like him, and it's been over ten days since he started feeling lousy.  She brought him some nasal stuff, and just wanted to see if he seemed to be breathing all right.  She works with a pulmonary doctor now, seeing patients in the clinic, and at the hospital.  It's nice, oh so nice, to have your own doctor in the family ha, even if she's a Nurse Practitioner.    She thought he seemed okay, there isn't much that can be done, this thing has to run it's course.  

Then there are these two:

Lazier than the day is long, as my mother would say.

Just for the record, the comment section gets a bit spicy sometimes, a little heated, and please please don't let that stop you from leaving one!  I sincerely welcome different points of view.  I am programmed that way because duh, I have teenagers.  I've had teenagers under my roof for over 23 years in a row now, a constant flow of them..same play, different actors ha...teenagers can't help it, they are obstinate, strong, and everything that is remotely cool is something that mom couldn't possibly understand.  Some of them lie in wait, for mom to fall into the argument trap.  So along the way, I've learned just a little bit, to listen and keep my mouth shut, to respect them and treat them like they're grown up.

Anyway, I am super distracted right now, can you tell from the above paragraph?  I get an idea, and then the dog wants to go out, the kids are in here, Kathryn texted thanking me for her birthday gift, even though shh, it was lame...a gift card, a water bottle, and a water bottle brush/cleaning kit.    So off I go, to text with Kap, and talk to the kids...


8 comments:

Babbalou said...

I had an old work colleague who used to say, "there is no way you can really insult or offend me - I have 3 teenagers!"

The dog picture just made me so happy. I'm sure in their minds, they'd worked hard all day protecting you all, monitoring squirrel activity, etc. My dog is exhausted by 8 pm. Poor thing, we work her so hard.

Sending my best wishes to your husband and hope he recovers soon.

Terri D said...

The pups look so cute and so relaxed. If only... I enjoyed your post. The nan looks good and I wouldn't have thought about putting it in a panini press. Brilliant! Have a blessed weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Lord, please heal Paul soon! Amen.
Those naan look so good. It makes me want a Panini maker. Do you think it would work in my waffle iron? Ha ha
My husband is talking about turning our outside shed into a she shed for me. This is so exciting as I am not good at getting craft/art stuff out around the house, and don't have my own space.
Have a great day! Go Syracuse!
Valerie

Linda said...

Keeping Paul in prayer...when I had Covid, BEFORE they knew what it was, they first treated it as pneumonia (Z Pack) and then put me on Remesdivr (sp?). Don't wait...seek the dr. I was sick for nearly weeks with it--unknown to them it was Covid...of course, now, since the antibody test, they now know.

As for Mr. Kitty, thanks, made me grin...he actually thinks that for him, grin.

P.S.I would never ever intentionally hurt someone with my thoughts etc...smiles

Susan said...

I am always amazed at how easily some are offended and I wonder why I am not. I think it might be because I worked with inmates for many years and have seen and heard so much. Life is just too short to worry about the sexual preference of Mr Potato Head!
♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Babbalou, the doggies are such a pain in the rear, yet such a joy too. I love them. Thank you for kind thoughts.
Terri, it works much better, and quicker than in a frying pan.
Valerie, naan might work in a waffle iron! We got the panini maker at the thrift store a while ago, it's been great, for the five bucks we paid. The girls really like making sandwiches in it. And a she-shed, that sounds heavenly!!!!
Linda, eeks! Yes, Mr. Kitty, he's a bad kitty. He is so cute, I didn't even shoo his fanny out of there.
Susan, Mr Potato Head! Oh dear! Perhaps you're not easily offended because you're kind, and wise.

American Housewife said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Emily is keeping a close eye on Paul. I have had a couple of friends who were ill with Covid and took a serious turn for the worse at about day 10. Hope he recovers soon and that the rest of the family stays healthy.

Laurie in California