summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 1, 2021

Monday's mixed feelings...

 Today was a good day, as they all are, because they are days which the Lord has made.  Sometimes, though, there are sadnesses in them.  I have a friend, a church/blog/Instagram friend  I met in Real Life when we went to Norway in 2019.   I spent a glorious afternoon with her, with my sister, and her sister...she's just such a lovely girl.  She lives in Norway with her husband and eight kids, and last evening I found out that one of her daughters, 13 years old, had an accident.  She fell into an icy pond and is in critical condition. My heart is breaking for her...if you are a praying person, please join us in praying for little India.  She's in a hospital in Oslo...

Today, Margaret worked from here, as she works "from home".  She brought the boys, so I had plenty of entertainment.  Wulf rode his trike, the Little Tikes car, and his balance bike, around and around, I had to write him some traffic tickets.  He was the doctor and gave both Jonathan and I checkups.  He played with Hess trucks, and I made him pancakes, which he appreciated so much he said, "I love you, Grandma."  That almost makes up for the times he's contrary, and says he doesn't like me, ha.  I rocked baby Tennyson to sleep, and he slept in my arms for an hour, that was excellently, wonderfully, amazing.  It's like my favorite thing.  When he woke up, and had that freshly awake face, that innocent baby wonderment, well, it's the best.

In the afternoon, Molly and I went out and about, just to Marshall's and to Aldi.  In Marshall's, I found a few sweet things for the two baby granddaughters we are expecting this summer.  It's bittersweet to be so excited about Kathryn and Grace's babies, I AM excited, but am also sad for Ben and Ashley, as their baby was due in June, and that is so hard.  

Life is a mix of things sometimes, isn't it?  

We went to the calling hours on Saturday for Paul's brother, and it was very sad.  It was nice to see family that we rarely see, but to see them in those circumstances is...sad.

It's a cold and windy night, and snowy, again.  I am feeling almost done with winter, so I hope it's almost done with us.  

This coming weekend, some of us are going to a small church conference in Connecticut.  8 of my daughters, my sister, a few of her girls, and some of our friends are going.  I am so very excited!  We are a border state with Connecticut, so we can travel there.

Well, the wind is raging here tonight, I think I'll go fill the kettle in case we lose power....

 

6 comments:

Joybells said...

We are praying for India. I'm sorry about Ben and Ashley's baby.💔 And I hope your power stays on!!

Joy from Salem

Chrissy said...

I'm not the praying type but as I mother I send love and good wishes to your friend and her daughter xx

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about Ben and Ashley's baby. It's never easy.

Glenda

Judy Weniger said...

How sad to hear about India. Praying for sure here.
Enjoy the church conference. I just love doing those kinds of things. Spending time with others who love the Lord, it’s the best and with so many of your family. Doesn’t get better.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Sorry about India, I will be praying for her and her family.


Erika

Sandi said...

How is she now?