summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 29, 2021

well now we KNOW it's Covid-19....

 Paul seems a bit better this morning, but:  he cannot smell anything.  He asked me if the soap he washed his hands with had a scent, and yes, it has a very nice lemony scent, but he cannot smell it.  

He's so cute, even when he's sick.  Orange Guy, on the back of the couch!   It seems like one step forward, two steps back.  (this was yesterday).  This morning, he's at work, from home, of course.




The animals are all lazy today, they must have Covid too.

I made new cushion covers for the kitchen stools over the weekend.  I love the fabric, it's Waverly, and was marked down at Walmart because the wrapping was ripped, so it was $6.88 for two yards, which was just enough for three cushion covers.  (the pillows were a red print before, one red buffalo check)



  


The empty baskets:  I cannot wait to fill them with treats!  I love filling Easter baskets...the five smaller ones are for the older grandkids, except for Grant, who lives in Virginia.  Tennyson is too small, and Achilles is out in Oregon, so only five baskets.   I put them in the large bin/basket so the kitty would stop napping in it.


Last night's dinner:  chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces, marinated all day in lime juice, salt and pepper...dredged in flour, dipped in egg, then breadcrumbs, placed on a well (olive) oiled pan lined with parchment paper (prevents sticking, you don't lose the yummy part!), baked in a 400 degree oven, flipped over during the process to make sure the whole pieces of chicken are crunchy...this is basically oven fried chicken breast, and it's amazing with a salad.
Salad:  spinach, lettuces, shredded cabbage/carrots (so sweet and crunchy!), cucumbers, chopped tomatoes, radishes, red onion, mandarin oranges, strawberries, dried cranberries, homemade toasted pecans (one egg white, a splash of cinnamon, some sugar (1/4 c), 1 cup of pecans, stir together...make a bowl shape out of foil, melt a few tablespoons of butter in the air fryer, the add the pecan mix...air fry on 300, for 3-4 minute increments, stirring every few minutes.  They make the salad so good!  I would add some ground red pepper if we had that...

Ah, Monday...I've got bedding in the wash, and in the dryer...so exciting!  Miss Char and Miss Cam are on break this week...today is cold and windy, tomorrow warm and 60...then by Thursday, snow again!  Welcome to spring in central NY!


8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hopefully Paul is on the mend and will be feeling better soon.

I know they’re a lot of work, but your pets are all so cute! :) They have a great life lol.

Joybells said...

I'll just toss you some of our ground red pepper...catch! ;) Wish you were that close IRL, Della. You are certainly staying busy and productive, good for you. I'm scouring the house for something important I lost, not mine and quite valuable. Could you please pray that I find it? My hubby and I also prayed about it this morning and I believe our prayers were heard. But it hasn't turned up yet. :) Have a good day, Della, and best wishes for Paul's recovery!

Joy from Salem

Terri D said...

That chicken salad looks and sounds amazing. I am so sorry COVID has invaded your home and is touching so many. Stay healthy!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Michelle, they do have a pretty sweet life!
Joy, yes, I will pray that you find it! Is it okay that I went ahead and hit the "publish" button on your request? I didn't know if someone you know IRL doesn't know you lost something...but if you ever don't want me to publish, let me know, or you can always email me at dellamom16@yahoo, but let me know on here if you did, so I remember to check it...:). I do hope you find it, that's frustrating!
Terri, thank you!

Joybells said...

It's fine that you published it. :) Thanks for praying! We are going to look some more in the morning. :)

Joy from Salem

Unknown said...

Hi Della. We’ll see if this goes through 😬 Good news about Paul.........I hope he continues to improve day by day. The chair cushions are lovely 🥰 Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

That is so rough, Joy, losing valuable things! My mom has dementia and my dad takes her wedding rings at night. Sometimes she'll look down at her finger and they're gone! But every time this has happened the Lord has let us find them...
Valerie

Martha said...

I sure do hope everyone is healthy and well soon!
I miss my fur buddies. Yours look so sweet.
Love the chairs!
We can meet somewhere between when the all clear is given.