summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 5, 2021

90 degrees and sunny, 94 tomorrow!

 

Margaret and her little Tennyson...
Some floating daughters...

Miss Camille and I started the day bright and early, with an eye appointment for the little girl who can't see the board in school.  She is indeed getting some spectacles.  She chose clear plastic frames, (she looks adorable in them), we'll get them some time next week.

We stopped at a little grocery store in town, after a stop at the local coffee shack...cold brew for me, iced peach mango tea for her.  In the store for a bag of ice (our ice maker on the refrigerator stopped working, but if you fill it with ice, it'll still dispense it from the door, and when it's this hot out, ice is a treat!), some sliced ham, diet root beer, and a watermelon.

Dinner on the deck:  some burgers, some coneys, some had leftover taco salad, and watermelon.  Margaret and Adrian were here with Wulf and Tennyson, and Evelyn, and Sam, along with the four kids who still live at home, and Paul and I.  

This evening,  all of them went to a friend's house for volleyball, and a fire with hot dogs and s'mores.  Paul and I went over to our niece's house, where some other friends gathered too.  What a beautiful evening on the deck.

Okay, this post is like a third grade What I Did Over The Summer essay.  Word vomit.  It's like when one of the kids is telling you a dream, and you try to follow, you really try.  

It was nice to spend some time with just Miss Cam this fine morning.  She missed a few days of school this past week, being sick, and is worried about being behind.  I think she'll be fine, I mean, her average is so high that Samuel said he didn't know numbers went that high, when he saw their report cards.  

Soldier Sam.   It's so good to see him!  I snapped a pic when he arrived here from drill, he didn't like it:


Okay, I took TWO pics.

He's going to drill again tomorrow, then straight home to Virginia from there.  Oh to have that kind of energy and endurance!

Ah well, the kids are home, and it'll get loud and crazy in here in like one minute...
Edited to add a pic, courtesy of Jonathan...he called it a "blog picture..."
Benjamin and Samuel...our third child, and our eighth child ha....all grown up! 




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some mighty handsome sons! Love the tee shirt sayings.♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Linda said...

LOLOL. But, but, but, I like word vomit (lololol)...ok that sounded gross. But seriously, I love your posts, every single one of them. I think spring has skipped and went right to summer. smiles

Unknown said...

Della this is the recipe for the cookies....

ALMOND COOKIES

1 cup of creamy almond butter**
2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside. In large mixing bowl add the almond butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda. Mix together until very well combined. Add chocolates chips and continue mixing until fully combined. Measure out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave space between each one. Bake in two separate batches for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.

** NOTES
Almond butter..........my sister in law suggests using a ‘no stir’ almond butter for these cookies as she’s found it works best in this recipe.
The natural almond butter has to be kept in the fridge after opening. She buys it at Costco, but it’s in a supermarket.

I haven’t made these yet, but I have eaten them at her place and they were delicious!! I might make some this afternoon 😉

Have fun in the heat!! I see it’s very hot in the east.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Great pictures and I loved your catching-us-up post! Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 Great photos 🥰 I hope you’re enjoying your very HOT 🥵 weather.

BTW I made a batch of those cookies and next time would make them smaller.....they do spread. REALLY yummy.......I ate 3!!! Bad me. I used the miniature chocolate chips because that’s what I had. My hubby loved them too. Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

I admit my eyes were starting to glaze over at your early descriptions, but that is more due to tiredness on my end. Sounds like a good time for all you guys!
Valerie

Michelle said...

Word vomit, LOL, you are hilarious! I love your stories, that’s why I read your blog!