summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

home again, home again, jiggety jig!

 



Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Camille, and me...on an afternoon trip to pick up Miss Cam's new glasses!

She looks so sweet, but glasses or no glasses, she is sweet.  We picked these up, because when you're 13, and you fail your eye exam, and you need glasses, when they come in and are ready to be picked up, well you go get them.  It doesn't matter if mama has slept barely two hours on the red eye flight from the other coast, there's time enough for sleep in the grave, said Benjamin Franklin.

We also went to Aldi, since we were out, and we were OUT...out of everything!  Milk, bread, cheese...we got some bone-in chicken breast, burger, and a bag of frozen wings.  We got fresh salsa, and some cilantro, tomatoes, and coffee creamer, seltzer, and salad dressing.  

Home again...time to make dinner, but oops there was a spill in the refrigerator.  I don't actually FEEL like taking all the bins out and washing them, but then when WILL I FEEL LIKE IT?  

Dinner:  taco salad.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going with Benjamin to buy food for the youth boys' campout weekend.  Steak, s'mores, brekky sandwiches, lunch to eat on the boat...for 14 boys.

Friday night we're watching little Miss Anne, one of my favorite little girls.  Her older sister is my sister's oldest granddaughter, and is graduating from high school, top of her class.  Anne will have more fun here with us, than she would at a high school graduation, being only four years old.

Next week we'll have Lydia for a few days, as the school winds to an end.  Charlotte Claire and Camille are all finished up, with their 98 averages, just a few state tests for Miss Char.

Abigail is moving on to a new and different job, so she will have some days between the new one and the old one, so we're planning on the beach next week.

So summer is unfolding here, I'm so glad to be home...but I did leave part of my heart behind, in Salem Oregon...




Such beautiful grandchildren!

New York is a fine place though, I'm always glad to come home.

Keuka Lake from the plane...

Sonja has a dr appointment tomorrow, and I have to pick up a Target order, flea collars!


1 comment:

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, woman. I don't know how you do it. God is good!! xo