summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 25, 2021

those summer nights....

 ...tell me more, tell me more...

That full moon, in the warm summer sky, while we headed to the airport to get Molly from her trip to California:  perfection, unreal.  

The girls here are going on a fun weekend away, to an Airbnb in the Catskills.  Paul and I will be home with just Jonathan, Jonathan who keeps pretty busy.  But the weekend is already filling up:  Margaret and Adrian and Wulf and Tennyson are coming over tonight for dinner, and a swim in the pool.

Yesterday, we went to our friend Karen's house to lounge around by the pool...ahhh, such a beautiful day!


With Abigail...I went to the grocery store with her after the pool, to get things for their weekend away. 

Well, there's not much going on to write about.  I'm still happy with my chair.  I'm planning to stay home today.  I am not bored.  I have so many things to do around here!  This fine morning, I watered the garden, and all of my flowers, turned on the pool filter, added some chlorine, folded some towels, puttered around...the birds are singing, and it's another really nice day.  

The news though, the building collapse:  horrible, so tragic.  One minute you're sleeping, the next, boom, it's unfathomable.  

Our president, what is wrong with him?  I feel quite sorry for him, he doesn't seem right at all.  And our governor, signing a bill that you can now put "X" as your gender.  Okay.  I honestly never knew there were hordes and slews of people just chomping at the bit to change over, but these days...I mean, I don't care if people feel compelled to do those things.  

The corruption and cover up, and prevention of the knowledge of the effectiveness a certain medicine which is widely available, and is very cheap, for the early treatment of a certain virus, but corrupt pharmaceutical companies, in conjunction with social media compliance....oh the truth sounds like conspiracy theories....never mind.

Anyway, the girls are getting ready for their weekend...they're going kayaking, and zip lining, and having a s'mores bar...oh to be young again...but Lydia is coming over here soon, and I have floors to sweep and dinner to plan....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Della! We’re having beautiful weather here too! It going to be 35C today and getting hotter as the week goes on! This is hot for us I can tell you. I grew up in hot Australia with no air conditioning way back then………..gasp………and somehow we survived 🙄 We don’t have an air conditioner for the odd time it gets this hot here, we just have lots of fans going and we sleep downstairs in the basement bedroom. Your little girls have such great big sisters don’t they? Sounds like a wonderful adventure. The joys of being the youngest 💞 Enjoy your day!! BTW I love your chair………..

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

I agree with concerns re: President Biden. He was not my choice but that is not the point, just hoping he will be able to finish his term because the VP scares me.
Horrifying about the condo collapse in Florida, praying for the victims. It reminds me that it can all change in a minute and we need to enjoy each day.
♥️♥️♥️Susan

Terri D said...

I'm glad you still love your chair! What a deal you got! Enjoy your quieter weekend, my friend, and enjoy it all! xo