summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 18, 2021

forever...!

 Strawberry fields.  Forever.  


The strawberries are ripe in Central New York!  We only picked two quarts today, because:  five dollars a quart!  They ARE good, but....

We'll go again maybe on Monday to a different place, get a few more.  

We had big plans today, to take back the bottles and cans, but didn't get around to it.  We haven't done too much, just watering the plants, I swept and mopped the floors...Molly and Josh brought little Ophelia over for a visit, and dang it, I forgot to get a pic of her...she had on the cutest little jumper, she's so sweet.

Baby Rhys continues to grow and be sweet, all the way back in Oregon...


It's no fair, I tell you.  She was born early Saturday morning, and was already back up to her birth weight at her Monday afternoon check up.  She won't stay tiny for long!  I did buy this set for her, a few months back, isn't it so pretty?

Did you know I got a beautiful new suitcase for Mother's Day?  Well, Aaron sent it to me, and it cracked a little bit on it's maiden voyage.  Never fall for that trick where they offer to gate check your bag for free so there's enough room in the overhead bins.   Way too rough on the luggage!  Not only cracked, but little dents, and some scraping down the side, of my BRAND NEW SUITCASE.   It has a lifetime warranty, so Aaron sent them a pic, and voila, a new one came in the mail already!  Now, I need to go on another trip...

So, next stop:  California!  Not sure when yet...

Then, hopefully back to Oregon before too long, that baby needs snuggles from Grandma, and Achilles does too. 

It's a rainy afternoon here, not pool weather.  I don't mind.  Little Anne, my dear little friend, she's four years old now, and she's coming over this evening to spend some time here.  I am very excited for that.  She was here almost every day, before Covid hit.  That was one of the hardest parts of it for me, the sudden stoppage in Anne visits.  I did stop at their house a few times for distanced visits with the door open...she didn't understand, she wanted me to just come right in!  Poor kids, kids all across this whole big world, going without hugs and stories from grandmas and grandpas, and special friends and aunties and uncles...(Anne is my sister's granddaughter, so my great-niece).

Ah well, it's good things are mostly back to normal.  Summer fun is beginning...yay!

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Yay for strawberries!
Steve just brought home a bunch for us. Nothing like them.
You look beautiful, my friend.
Enjoy your summer!
And that new baby girl is PRECIOUS!

Terri D said...

I always enjoy my visits here! Happy weekend!!

Unknown said...

Oh Della…….look at that beautiful baby girl 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 I just love that blanket and head band…………sigh……….💞

Those strawberries look sooooooo delicious. I can almost taste them 🤤 I have some tumbler tomatoes that are ready for picking and they are really sweet. Camille’s glasses are lovely and really suit her, don’t they? That is just a lovely picture of you all…….pretty girls and mum …

Have a wonderful day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

Della, I love your berry picking dress, looks great on you!
Rhys gets prettier by the day!
♥️♥️♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, yes, a beautiful baby girl. I miss her. The strawberries, too good!
Susan, thank you, and yes, Rhys is lovely. :)