summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 4, 2021

aaaah, now THIS is the LIFE!

 

The water isn't as warm as I would like, but I cannot complain, because you all would slap me silly!  

Miss Sonja K and I....
Miss Char...
Sonja and Charlotte Claire...

So I finally got in there and scooped up the leaves in the middle.  It's snowing from the cottonwood trees, no matter how much I skimmed the top of the pool, it just keeps coming down.  It's clean-the-pool filter basket-every-hour season!

This fine morning, Sonja K. and I took a quick trip into the small city, to Aldi.  We got some drinks, and things for a barbecue this Sunday.  We also took a quick trip into the thrift store...

One of these things we bought, one we didn't.  (Isn't Sonja cute though?)

Yesterday, we went to Burlington, Sonja was looking for a dress for Evelyn to wear to a wedding they are attending on Sunday.  The dressing rooms are closed, so she tried it on over her jeans in the store, we sent the pics to Ev, and she decided it wasn't the dress she wants...too funny.

Samuel got out of drill early, and there's nothing like central NY ice cream!
(Jonathan, Sam, Sonja, Camille)

Today has been a good day.  It's super warm here, warm and humid.  I'm cooled off from the pool right now, but it's looming:  dinner.  I have to cook.  We do not have air conditioning, and it gets mighty hot in the house, but I am not complaining.  No, it's bare feet season, it's summertime, and....ahhhhh.  I'm having my afternoon coffee, and enjoying it.



7 comments:

Terri D said...

That dress is cute! Someone should have purchased it!! The pool looks great! Hope the kitchen didn't heat up too much while you prepared dinner! I always enjoy my visits here! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I thought the dress was cute too, and it was Calvin Klein for $15! The kitchen didn't get too hot, I just get laaaaaazy! I made taco salad, plus some chicken soup for Miss Cam, she still doesn't have much of an appetite, and hates taco salad even on a good day, ha. She simply doesn't like ground beef, unless it's my homemade meatballs...oh to be the 16th child...

Linda said...

We splurged about 6 yrs ago and bought 5 window ac's...like I told my hubby, "Linda ain't sweating no more! Happy wife, happy life, get over it." LOLOLOL---that is one thing I do not like about living up here, no central ac. Weird, you would think folks would get with the times and get it, nope. Not much has changed since we first lived here 30 yrs ago. ANYWAYS...loved the dress, but the color was wrong. Wishing you a beautiful day, I'll be up shortly to enjoy the pool, LOLOLOLOLOL. Jk/jt. grinning

Joybells said...

Yes! Love the dress! And your pool looks amazing, so refreshing. How big is it? It looks huge!

Joy from Salem

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 I thought that dress was lovely too! Poor little Cam..........nothing like that awful stomach bug to put you off your food for a while. The pool looks lovely Della! Enjoy. BTW thanks for the cookie recipe...........my hubby would love those. I’m assuming they would be just as good with GF flour along with a bit of almond flour maybe. We’ll see. My sister in law made some yummy cookies......no flour! Just almond butter or peanut butter, sugar and egg. She’s going to send it to me. She put a few chocolate chips in too. REALLY yummy. Couldn’t be much simpler right? I’ll post it when she sends it.

Have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marily, those cookies sound really good! I'd love the recipe. Sometimes I just want a cookie!
Joy, the pool is 27 ft. round. Our original was 30 ft, and what a difference those extra few feet were, it was huge...but then, we had a LOT of kids in it, way back when...but this one is big enough. I am super thankful for it.
Linda, I get that, you are a wise woman. I just know my kids would never ever go outside if we had AC ha.

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, also, come on up and come in for a swim!