summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

success!!!

 So now when we last talked, the painting had not begun.  I got into my painting clothes:  a tank top with paint already on it from a previous job, and shorts that I wouldn't wear out of the house if my life depended on it.    Lo and behold, I found myself trouncing off to the hardware store in that outfit.  We could NOT find the roller things.  We had the poles for them, we had a package of new covers, but no rollers.  Char suggested I just hop in the truck and head into town, it would take 15 minutes.  But I just changed into painting clothes, I'd have to change again!  The girls thought I was ridiculous.  They were like, oh mom, who cares, just go.  Now, it was 90 degrees in here, and I really didn't feel like changing, so I went.  It kind of killed me, and I wanted to tell the cashier, "I don't usually dress like this, but..."  But honest to goodness, who really cares?  (um, me, apparently)

Charlotte Claire was smart, she protected her eyes, and looked cute at the same time.

Anyway.  We got that ceiling all finished, it took two hours.  I won't even tell you how hot and sweaty I was, but I will say this:  the pool had never felt so refreshing as it did after that painting job.

The new paint has been ordered, we'll probably pick it up tomorrow, because today, we are going to the BEACH!!!!  I am very happy about that, Lake Ontario...it's where we camped when I was a kid.  We loved it so much up there, my parents bought a camp there when I was ten.   It feels like coming home, when I go there.

Abigail will be here soon, and here I sit, off I go, poor me, to get ready to go to the beach!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della! I’m sure you will have a maaaaaaaaavelous time at the beach 🏖 It just so hot, isn’t it? Yay you guys for getting that ceiling painted. That was so funny that you wore your paint clothes to the store 😂😂 and really, who even noticed? I’m a bit like that too I have to say. Silly isn’t it? Char looks adorable in those goggles…………..

I hope you day was great!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Sure hope you had fun at the beach and will tell us all about it tomorrow! Hooray for getting that ceiling done!! And I'm sure the folks at the store have seen much worse than you in your painting clothes! xo

Linda said...

Grin...funny, I said I would never ever dress like that, and here I was on Saturday, doing that very thing...I am so over this weather, LOLOLOL.

Anne H said...

Have fun!! That will be a sweet escape
Anne H