summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 26, 2021

the day is taking shape...

 ...my blank slate is filling in.  My girls are all on their weekend getaway, but Emily is at home, on-call for work.  Jonathan is here, he's going fishing with his friends, but they might land here later for some snacks. It's a thunder-stormy day, might be nice to be outside between downpours, but not the best day for making big plans outside.

Anyway, Emily is coming over for dinner, and maybe Margaret and Adrian too.  I'm going to invite Ben and Ashley....who knows, we might have a regular party here later!

Yesterday, Miss Lydia Eleanor came over for the afternoon.  We did not get bored, Miss Lyd and I.  We played with little things.

This is the bakery.  According to Lydia, I was the bakery worker, and she was my daughter, so she was calling me Mom.
This is the bunny dr. in the clinic.
The market...
Our house...
The ice cream shop...
The Lydster...

We played until Grandma couldn't sit there on the floor anymore, then we filled cups with ice and seltzer, gathered our towels and went out for a swim.


Five years old already, turning six in August, she's something else.

Her dad came to pick her up right after Margaret and Adrian got here with Wulf and Tennyson.

Tennyson doesn't crawl, he scootches, but he manages to get where he wants to go.  He likes the sand.
Wulf and Margaret had too much fun with the play dough.
Silly nonsense.



Even the kitties enjoy the nice weather on the deck.

It's quiet here for now, but Ben is coming over to help Paul cut down some trees.  It's warm here, but oh my goodness, nothing like out west!  That heatwave is intense!  In Salem, they're looking at 116 for tomorrow!  And then 104, then nineties all week!  They aren't prepared for weather like that.  Kathryn and Darius only have one a.c. unit in their room, and that is HOT.  I feel bad for the old people, and the babies, and the toddlers who still run around, and the mommies who have to chase them.  

Since company is coming later, maybe I'll wander into the kitchen and make some...dessert!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning…………..you are a fun grandma Della! What a pretty little girl Lydia is. I love all those little things you have. Kids love that. I had some of that sort of thing….doll houses etc and even the boys loved to play with them. The dress up trunk too!! We are having a heat wave here too…….record temps coming up in the next week and beyond 🥵 Enjoy your weekend!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Goodness!! All kinds of fun going on there! Love the photos! Happy weekend! xo