summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

new chair, don't care...

...fits my giant derrière.  


I was not in the market for a new chair.  You all probably remember how I was slightly traumatized last year when I said goodbye to my comfy chair.  I bowed to family peer pressure, my old chair was big, it was ugly, an eyesore.  So when we inherited Grandma's cute, trim, little rocker recliner, well, it only made sense to drag my beloved comfy chair to the dump.  I wanted to bring it back in, even after it got rained on.  This new chair was no comfy chair.

Well, time passed, and I got over it.  Then, today, I took two little girls to the thrift store.  They are redoing their room, and had two huge bags of donations.  Of course we had to take a little look-see around the store and see if there was anything good.  Well, oh my dear goody good goodness, there WAS something good!  This chair, brand new with the tags still on it!



That couldn't be right, $44.99?  For a new Ashley recliner?  hmmm.  It was sitting outside the store, so I poked my head in and inquired, and yup, it was still for sale.  I'll take it, I said!  

When Charlotte Claire and Camille realized what I was up to, they groaned.  For some reason, my kids aren't as excited about these things as I am.   I was wondering the logistics, it wasn't going to fit in the Mitsubishi, although shh, I did suggest we try to cram it in there, just to torture the girls a tiny bit.  Then Char was the hero of the day when she suggested that Sonja meet us there with the truck, as she was at work not five minutes away from there!  Oh joy, I was getting a new chair!

Sonja was NOT going to drive the truck home with the new chair in the back, no sir, I had to switch vehicles and let her drive the Mitsubishi.  She had a dr. appointment, and she isn't a fan of parallel parking, but in the truck with a chair in the back, I guess that's just too much.

So we had a few places to go in the small city, Lowes:  two gallons of ceiling paint, a new light fixture, a nice edging paint brush, and a big plastic tarp.  The little girls are re-doing their room, and starting with the ceiling.  I'm excited about it, because it'll keep them busy.  I promised them I'd help, we'll turn on some music, and make it fun.  There's no reason to be bored, when you can do a room makeover.

We stopped at the store too, because we had to replace some refrigerator things that had to be thrown out.  Paul is amazing though, he fixed that refrigerator.  It's so nice and cold now, and we don't have to buy a new one!  I did learn a lesson though:  if you repeatedly, over several days, have the thought: hmm, this refrigerator doesn't seem very cold...then, DUH, it probably isn't very cold!

Anyway.  It's been quite a day, such fun!  Miss Char had her last state test, so I had to get up and drive her, then when I picked her up, I had Camille with her (ha ha Char, back seat!), and off we went for our outing.

Home, ahh home.  Paul and Sonja brought the new chair in, and who says money doesn't buy happiness?  

The girls made lunch, I made bacon and eggs...eggs so fresh, from Ben and Ashley's chickens, mmmm.  Now it's afternoon coffee time....

Oh, the cupcakes came out nice yesterday!

...and a pic from a few years ago, Jon was just a little guy!

The sky was just lovely today, I asked Miss Cam to take a pic when I was driving...








8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my, the new chair looks so comfy, I am happy for you! Yes, I remember when you had to get rid of the old chair and you were so distressed.
The cupcakes look wonderful, I am sure the children loved them-very festive.
I was wondering if you are still on the keto diet? You have not mentioned that in quite some time.
♥️♥️♥️Susan

Terri D said...

Love that chair and it sure looks good on ya!!

Melissa said...

I completely understand your NEED for a comfy chair!! I am a La-Z-Boy only girl. I love their exclusive feature that allows you to push back and recline a little but still rock. I can't count the number of nights I've spent sleeping semi-upright while rocking a sick little one. Someday your kids will understand the value of that comfy chair! :)

Cathy said...

Love that chair and I would love to come across a deal like that. Those cupcakes look delicious and the sky really is beautiful!

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, it IS comfy, and it looks a lot like my old one. The kids did like the cupcakes. I don't use a recipe for my buttercream frosting, I used to taste it to see if it needed more of this or that. I don't taste it anymore, Cam tasted for me and said it was fine. As for Keto, well, I try. I do loose keto/intermittent fasting. To be totally transparent, I've gained back over 20 pounds since fall. I don't actually know how it happened, but I think it was those months when the scale was out of commission, needed new batteries. I started eating little snacks at night, all "healthy", except for the chocolate...then there were the chocolate covered almonds, ugh. I've backed myself into such a corner with my weight that any little thing extra just packs on the pounds. So I don't eat cookies or cupcakes, bread or rice or potatoes anymore. But I do have my popcorn every once in a while, it's been over a month now, so one of these nights. I'm trying to move more, hoping the pool season helps. But I try to eat mostly meat, not high fat, very low carb...I'm trying to drink the coffee black, or at least cut way back on the cream...it's a struggle, it really is.
Terri, thank you!
Melissa, now THAT sounds lovely, to rock in a reclined position! I have spent many a night myself, in the recliner rocking a sick little one.
Cathy, I know, I am so glad I bought the chair!

Joybells said...

I love how the Lord put that chair right in your path, Della!!! Enjoy every minute. :)

Joy from Salem

Unknown said...

Testing……having trouble posting again…

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Yay for the new chair!
I am so happy for you!
We certainly deserve a cozy place to rest, right?
I have my spot on the couch just for me.
You look beautiful, my dear friend.
Have a cozy and fun weekend!