summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 27, 2021

a nice quiet start...

 Paul got up with the birds, and went out fishing in his fishing kayak.  Sometimes he goes up to one of the bays on Lake Ontario, sometimes the little lakes/big ponds.  The dogs object to him leaving, especially Sunny.  She keeps her eye on him, and when he leaves, she's my shadow.  

So this fine morning, I watered the garden (all those thunderstorm warnings for yesterday, and we got nary a drop of rain), watered the plants, watered the dogs, pulled some weeds, turned on the pool filter, put a little bit of water in the pool, made my coffee, and shh, got back in bed.  I'm all dressed, I made the bed, and am lounging on top of the covers, with the fan blowing on me, and a nice hot cup of coffee.  I'm weird, but I don't like to get in bed with clothes on.  I take my showers right before bed, get into jammies, THEN get into bed.  

Why lounge on my comfy bed instead of my comfy chair?  It's insanely comfortable...and I think for years and years and years, I didn't get nearly enough time to just sprawl out and relax.  I could have slept in, but I woke up at 7:30, and was like, yay, it's Sunday, and it's beautiful out, and I want coffee.

Jonathan is the only one home, and he's sleeping.  So it is very quiet here.

Yesterday, Benjamin came over and cut down some trees for us, mostly smaller trees that were easier to cut.  We have some bigger ones I want cut down, but they are for another day, and with lots more help.


Ben is such a good guy.  :)

And, here are some nice things...


This throw was on sale...
...and this shower curtain...
I just love my pour over coffee maker, and this mug is too funny.
My new chair!  

Today is going to be a scorcher, 95 degrees and very humid.  The girls will be coming back from their fun weekend, all tired with laundry, ha.  Miss Char and Miss Cam went ziplining at the second longest ziplining in the world, 600 feet above the ground, 4.6 miles through the Catskills at up to 50 miles per hour, a three hour zip lining tour.  How did they get so brave?
Charlotte Claire, friend Page, Amanda, and Camille...

I can't wait to hear about it!  The other girls went kayaking.  

So it's a hot day, but not as hot as it is out west!  Poor Kathryn, 116 degrees in Salem!  Then 104 tomorrow, then into the nineties, with full sunshine, not down into the high eighties until a week from Tuesday.  dang.  

Summertime...I love love love it.  I love bare feet in the yard, watering the garden.  I love eating dinner on the deck.  Emily brought over some marinated chicken breast strips, and a pasta salad with pesto and fresh basil, along with some teeny cans of Diet Coke.  I had some additional chicken, and made some Brussel sprouts and broccoli in the air fryer.  I grilled the chicken, and ahh, the breezy summer nights on the deck. Margaret and Adrian came for dinner with their little ones.  

So I don't like being overly hot and sweaty, who does?  But I do love summer.  I am thankful for today.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is hot here too and the forecast for Wednesday is 41C………..if it gets there it will set a record for here. We have heat in the forecast for the next week and beyond 🥵🥵 The dogs are feeling it too. VERY hot on the west coast ………. Your poor daughter and family. I hope you have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

It sounds like a nearly perfect day!! Have a blessed week ahead!

Linda said...

The pool looks so inviting {{grin}}. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead and its just as hot here too in Hornell, just saying. LOLOL