summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 14, 2021

soaking it in....

 

Rhys came home from the hospital yesterday.  Her big brother was rather skeptical of the whole thing.

The moment mom and dad had waited for, that reaction from big brother.

He was interested, but...he got a little slap-happy. 

He will adjust, he was already much better today.  Going from one child to two is a huge-0 adjustment for everyone.

He's just so cute!
Spoiling him while mama is in the hospital...(don't look at my hair, not sure what was going on with it!)
Jon and I found a donut place, and surprised them when they got home from the hospital.
Dinner was chicken fajitas.  Jon grilled the chicken, I cooked up the peppers and onions.
Baby spam!





Achilles copying grandma...
Uncle Jonny is pretty happy.  She's such a sweet baby.  This afternoon, she has a check-up already, and in a bit Jon and I are going over to the store to get a few things they need here.  Achilles is in a nap, and I keep telling Kathryn to get as much sleep as she can while we are here.  
Wait, is this swing for the BABY?!

Can I say that it's a total rip-off to have your daughter live 2,800 miles away?  It's way too far to drive, and plane tickets are $$$.  Once or twice a year is just often enough to fall head over heels more in love with the little ones, then leave them again.  Face-time is good, and I'm thankful for that, but it's hard.  I know, I know, back in the day it was a Saturday morning long-distance phone call, because the rates were lower on nights and weekends, and pictures in the mail.

So we live in good times, but I'm still going to complain all about it.  

Tonight, Jon will be grilling burgers, we'll have sweet potato fries and onion rings, maybe a nice salad, and some cherries.  

Tomorrow evening, it's to the airport...I miss my girls at home, and Paul, and the puppies and kitties, but it's going to be so hard to say goodbye here....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love that you got to be there when she was born!
Valerie

Susan said...

I am amazed at how much hair Rhys has! She really is a gorgeous baby.♥️♥️♥️Susan
PS Those donuts look yum!!

Rachel said...

So sweet! Congrats on your new granddaughter!

Terri D said...

The two babies are so precious and that little girl is gorgeous! My heart hurts for you having to leave tomorrow. But yes, we do live in easier times to stay in touch! Safe travels! xo

Unknown said...

Hi Della👋 Such a beautiful baby girl! Look at all that hair!! Enjoy your time there……,,,,maybe one day they will head back to NY…..who knows. Have a good flight home……

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle said...

Sweetness! She has a ton of hair! Achilles is adorable too:)

Judy Weniger said...

They are precious and yes, it’s super hard to leave. I feel your pain as I have a son and his family, my grandchildren in Portland, Oregon area and we live in NY. It stinks... tickets ar rusher expensive and we still have kids at home and college bills. Praying for you as you prepare to leave.
Judy

Joybells said...

What a sweet, adorable baby. She is just beautiful. Love the pictures.

Joy