summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 17, 2021

going, going, going!

 This fine morning, there was bedding to wash, and a load of towels...then some vacuuming to do.  (If you don't love vacuuming, don't get TWO Labrador retrievers, because when they shed, oh dear!). I had plants to water, and the pool filter to turn on.  There were radishes to thin, and some dishes to wash.  Then, ah, my chair and the first morning's coffee...the girls woke up, and yes, we were going bye bye!

Target!  I had ordered flea collars, and needed to pick them up.  They're pricey, but they work!  Of course we didn't just pick them up, we went in and looked around.  The change rooms are open now, so yay, I tried on some shorts and some sweatpants, and bought them.  The dress I tried on was a NO.

We also took a quick trip into the grocery store for cherries, $2.49 a pound!   Home, ahh home, but only for fifteen minutes!  It was time to leave to meet Benjamin, so I could help him shop for that boys' weekend.  Steak and baked potatoes, breakfast Sammies, milk and Oreos, s'mores, lots of fruit, candy, nuts, snacks, cheese and pepperoni...they're going to have fun!

Home again, ahhh.  Dinner time, I was going to grill the pork chops that were marinating in lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper...but, the girls didn't know I would be home so soon, so they were making salads, smoothies, and sandwiches.  Fine with me, I don't cry about not having to make dinner!  There was plenty of taco salad beef leftover, and with fresh salsa and cilantro, a few lime chips, mmm.  Quick and easy, and since it was my first meal of the day, mmm mmm good.  

Paul and I took the dogs out for a walk along the old canal path...we live near the Erie Canal, you know, the man made river that runs east to west through NY state.  The dogs love going bye-bye.  They poop as SOON as we get there, so we take lots of poop bags, sorry if you're eating.  You all just are ready to go out and get yourselves some Labs now, right?  Anyway, they LOVE going, they just love it.  They run ahead, then both turn back around and run towards us, then back ahead again.  If someone else comes along, we leash them up quick.  They get a little tired by the time we are heading back, and Suri walks right next to us, panting.  I feel ya, Suri, I feel ya.



It was a beautiful evening, only a few mosquitoes out.  We took a long scenic route home.  Then, time to water the garden, put the towels in the dryer, and finish making our bed.

As Dr. Suess once said, "Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one..."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning. You certainly had a full day. You are right about labs shedding and slopping their wet feet across the clean floor too! And drooling if there’s food around! 🙄But we wouldn’t change them for the world, would we? Your walk sounds wonderful and the pictures are great too!! Have a lovely day Della……..

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Praise God for our tomorrows! Great photos of your walk with the dogs! I lived near the Ohio/Erie canal and played back in the woods along to towpath when I was growing up. Nice that the girls helped with dinner. I'm sure the pork chops were well marinated for a little longer and tasted good later!!