summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

um, this is not what we wanted!

 No sir, we only wanted the sunshine and puppy dogs, please.  None of that stomach bug garbage.  But alas, it has hit the house.  3 of the 4 kids here have thrown up last night.  ugh.  UGH.  (ugh is not a strong enough expression, now is it?!).    I hope it moves through fast, and if I get it, I get it and get over it quickly, as I am due to leave for Salem, Oregon, in six days...Miss Kathryn Grace is having a baby.

If we were the ones choosing, no way would we ever choose the trials, but it's rather restful to know that we can just buckle up and enjoy the ride.   The ride gets bumpy, and we don't always like it, but there are little treasures to find, and tried faith IS more precious than gold.

I haven't gotten it yet...
Sunshine and roses and marigolds, with ivy.

Last night, I made homemade butter chicken, and it might be the last time my kids will ever want it...it WAS good though.  

I am going to stock up on ginger ale and crackers, I think....


6 comments:

Katie said...

Poor kids! I had a bad stomach bug as a teen after eating pork chops (nothing to do with the food) and, to this day, I struggle to enjoy them!

Joybells said...

I hope everyone gets better soon and that you do NOT catch the yuck!!! We are looking forward to seeing you in Salem!

Joy

Valerie said...

Oh, feel better soon! At least your kids are big and can clean up after themselves for the most part. Yes, that 'last thing you ate' can really stick with you. My husband has cancelled many meals because he got sick after them. Hope all goes well with your trip!
Valerie

Unknown said...

Oh dear ......so sorry about your kids 🤢 That is awful and hopefully you and Paul don’t get it too 😬 Such lovely pictures too. We have 30C here today.......that’s 86F...... and it’s very humid and I love it!! I don’t want it to get any hotter though. One of my grandson’s came for lunch and a visit today!! I haven’t seen him since Christmas 😳 I hugged him lots. He’s so tall....6’5” and I’m 5’1”so have to really reach up or I would be hugging his thighs!! He has to bend over so far his nose almost touches the floor 🤣🤣🤣It was so lovely to see him 🥰

Stay well!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry a stomach bug is moving through your family, and hope it has stopped before it reached you! Do keep us posted. Prayers lifted!! xo

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos