summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 7, 2021

I totally forgot!!!!

 ...what it's like to be hot!  

All four of the critters, asking to please go in the front door with me...the look on Orange Guy's face...
Yesterday's church barbecue was fantastic...Margaret and her little Tennyson...
He's so cute!  He cooled off in the pool...
Wulf loves his balance bike...

In the afternoon, Molly and Josh came over with Lydia and Ophelia.


It's nice to be Grandma!!!

This little guy lives in Salem, Oregon, and Grandma is heading there tomorrow!

Can you believe he's going to be a big brother sometime this week?!

And to step into the time machine for a minute, this was like 11 years ago, so Margaret (green/gray stripes), Kathryn in the Senators sweatshirt, Evelyn in the red hoodie, Suzanne on the front left, and Sonja K. in the middle with the black jacket.  They were 13, 12, 10, 9, and 8 years old.  (Now they're 24, 23, 20, and 19)...my five-girls-in-a-row, in five years.  Margaret was actually five years old when Sonja was born...then six, finishing kindergarten when baby Robert was "born", born sleeping...then seven when Jonathan was born the next year...now she has two little ones (Wulf and Tennyson), and Kathryn is expecting her second ANY DAY NOW, as her due date was on Saturday!

Time flies.  When these girls were little, and my head was spinning, people would say, "Just wait 'til they're teenagers!"  It seemed unlikely that they would actually grow up, the days were long and busy.  This picture was from a night I took them to the drive in.  I think we got pizza and took it with us.  The younger kids (Jonathan was 6, Charlotte Claire 4, Camille 2) were home with Paul.

Anyways, it's hot and sticky here in central NY.  A bit too hot, and a bit too sticky.  I have to pack for my trip, and I'm thinking to go to Walmart for a fan-on-a-stick, one of those oscillating ones...last night, sleeping in our room was nightmarish, not to be a drama queen.  We do have a room air conditioner, we should put it in the window.  I don't mind so much during the day, but sleeping in the heat, ugh.  I was actually getting shivers last night as I tried to cool myself down, that's pretty hot.

Today I'm staying away from the Fauci emails, China's sneaky role in the virus cover up,  the inflation rate, the border crisis (I'm not the only one ignoring THAT!), the horror called Critical Race Theory, the new Israeli study suggesting natural immunity from Covid-19 is long lasting and as good as a vaccine, and other such goodies.

Instead, I will write about how sticky my shirt is right now.  I feel like my name should be Mrs. Puddles.  The dogs are so hot, so tired, the house is so quiet, and shh, it's rather nice, except for the sticky part.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning 👋 I have seen on the tv how hot it is down there 🥵🥵 I lived in Windsor, Ontario for 5 years and I know what that humidity is like!! Whew...............Your pool is a lifesaver I would think. Sleeping is the worst..........on the odd occasion it gets stinking hot here, we take our doggies and sleep in out spare bedroom in the basement. Sooooooooooo much cooler down there. I love all your photo’s. Your grands are gorgeous 🥰🥰 Do you have a heavy duty blender? A Vitamix or a Blendex or something similar? I have a GREAT muffin recipe and you throw everything in the blender..........no flour!! If you want I’ll send it to you 😊 It’s my favourite muffin recipe..........probably because it’s so easy. Enjoy you trip tomorrow......how exciting!! Are you going alone?

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Hope you can sleep better tonight. I wish you safe travels and can't wait to see a picture of that new grandbaby!! xo