summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 13, 2023

a very uneventful morning...

 

Orange Guy, all purring and content...
The lazy Labs, and the mama kitty...the house has that Christmas-y glow, because it snowed last night...it's beautiful out there.

Yesterday morning, I went into the city with Sonja, she had to pick up clinical paperwork.  I also ran into Kohl's to pay the bill from Christmas shopping, ugh.  It wasn't that much, and I tried to pay it online, but oh my goodness, wrong password, wrong user name, wrong everything.  It's easier to just to in the store and pay it, and it strengthens my determination NOT to shop there.  I did get some good presents from there though.

I also ran into Walmart yesterday to pick up some pictures I had printed for the older girls' activity club group.  They painted and decorated these cute little cork boards, so I offered to take some individual pictures, and group pictures, so they could put them on their boards.  It's a nice feeling to actually get it done.

Kathryn came over for a nice relaxing visit. Rhys took a nap here, Achilles was quite content to play with the toys.  I picked Miss Charlotte Claire up from school because she had stayed after, then it was time to make dinner:   steak that had been marked down, but was still perfectly good. I set it out to come to room temp, with garlic salt, bagel seasoning, pepper...then into a hot frying pan with a splash of oil to sear, flipped and seared...then finished with a chunk of butter, more garlic salt, and some rosemary...brown that up, pour it all on the finished steak, and let it rest...oh my...!  Fries in the air fryer for the girls, some frozen broccoli in the microwave for only half the recommended time, then into the pan the steak was cooked in, makes it so good.  

Yesterday was also a baking day:  keto-ish peanut butter cookies. "Ish" because I used regular peanut butter, not natural or sugar free. I also added some chocolate chips to the tops before baking.  Almond flour and swerve sweetener, not as yummy as normal cookies, but still pretty good to me.

Sonja, Char, and Cam did some baking last night, chocolate crinkle cookies...the house smelled like bakery when I headed to bed.  There's a half day of school today, so I let Char stay home, shh.  So last night they were making cocoa, and planning to watch something...I, however, have to get up in the morning, as I don't want to be snoring on the Zoom.

So my weekend will probably be filled with some painting and some hard work, as we're working on painting the cabinets of a house we're working on.

Today, I'll go buy more primer and a few good brushes and a small roller.  We're also going to do something fun with the girls, as Char isn't in school...they're thinking of this little local place with homemade ice cream...

New snow...our house...
Down the road, a perfect winter's day: 31 degrees, no wind, clear roads, beautiful trees...


And, now I'm back from getting the primer....Sherwin-Williams has 30% off, and shh, the nice lady also scanned a ten dollars off coupon.  Sonja had to drop off paperwork, so I went along.  We stopped at Aldi for bread and milk, milled flax seed (it goes in the almond bread recipe I make sometimes), whipped cream (the girls and their hot chocolate!), and coffee filters. 

Shh, we went to Starbucks...I like an iced Americano with blonde roast and heavy cream, but this time I got it hot, and it's equally as good...way better than a regular coffee. 

Now...home, ahh home...the cabinet doors are all cleaned off and ready to be primed....off I go...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a busy day. I wish our roads were that clear when it snowed

Terri D said...

Uneventful??!! Oh my goodness! Your uneventful makes me tired just reading about it. LOL Get some rest this weekend, if you can!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Della 😊

Rather an eventful day if you ask me!! When are you going to Florida? For some reason I thought it was this weekend 🙄 Obviously not………

Enjoy all your painting. It’s getting started that’s the hardest I find.

Have a lovely weekend!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦