summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

dodged the bullet....

 ...the murder case I would have been on, had they not already chosen enough by the time they got to my number, is a tragic case.  A 28 year old woman is accused of shooting a 37 year old father of four, in front of a tavern.  There is video showing this happen, not sure what her defense will be.  

But, on Tuesday, I had to check in after noon to see if I had to go in at 1:30, and no, I got the message I had hoped for, except I wasn't called good citizen.    I'm all set for six years.  Phew.

Yesterday, we watched little Rhys while Kathryn went to a dr. appointment.  She brought Achilles with her...

Auntie Sonja K. with Rhys...
We took a quick trip to Target, Rhys liked trying on this hat.
She's just too cute.

I got a package of chicken...I'm telling you, Target chicken breast is the BEST.  But don't tell everyone, okay?  It's well trimmed and reasonably priced.  With a package of fresh chicken breast in the 'fridge, the possibilities are endless...pot pie? Soup? Maybe butter chicken?  Olive oiled and roasted?  Breaded and pan-fried?  Asian style?  

We stopped in Aldi really quick, then hurry, time for Activity Club!  Lydia was dropped off here, so into my car with her booster seat, my bag of goodies:  ring pops, snacks, a huge princess coloring book, lots of markers and crayons...and off we went.  Lydia is good company.  She doesn't like any air in the conversation.  She told me all of her class mates names, including a boy named Jimeeq, not sure of the spelling, who wears a frown.  She rattled off their names, trying to keep track of how many she had said, then she wanted me to repeat all their names to her...um, sorry, Lyd...

Anyway.  She's delightful.  Activity club was also delightful.   We have the younger girls group, we made headbands, then the girls danced in their pretty princess dresses, with their pretty ring pops, then colored and had snacks.  They had lots of time to just run around and play, too.

This fine morning, we are heading up to Oswego to bring Camille to an appointment.  Then, we are visiting a thrift store in another city, that comes highly recommended.  

Then home...ahh, home...Grace is coming over with Grant and Ruth, staying for dinner, because Sam has class tonight.  So, what can I make with that chicken...hmmm.

Ah well....glad it's not snowy for all this driving!  Have a really nice day!



7 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, that would have been an interesting to case to be on the jury for! If it's in the news at all, keep us updated because now I'm curious. I'm demented when it comes to true crime, I know. lol

Anonymous said...

Butter Chicken in the best!
I’ll make a post with an authentic Pakistan recipe. The mom on this case makes it for me for special days.
Anne H (CT)

Anonymous said...

Hi Della! Butter Chicken sounds yummy 🤤 Any of the chicken dinners sound good to me. We’re having chicken too 😊 I saw Jamie Oliver cooking up a 1 pot meal this morning on GMA …….. he’s on all week promoting his new cookbook ONE POT MEALS. So far they look really good 👍🏻

I hope your trip today was good and all’s well with Camille 🥰 Such cute pictures of Rhys. What a Dolly she is 😊 I had a chatty Cathy granddaughter too. Hardly took a breath!! It’s funny isn’t it? She’s 28 now and it still a motor mouth!! Her mother was the same!!!! Still is too 🤣🤣

Have a great day

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦


Anonymous said...

My Meijer has chicken this week for 2.19 a lb!! Happy dance. Now why the savings can't trickle down to eggs, I don't know...
Valerie

Mari said...

I'm glad you got off. That would have been a hard one.
I haven't gotten chicken from Target. I'll have to try it!

Terri D said...

Sounds like you had a great day with kids and grands! Hope Camille's appointment brings good news.

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb, you and me both, demented when it comes to true crime! I will keep you updated!
Anne, I would LOVE an authentic Pakistan recipe! I had real Indian food years ago, when one of Paul's co-workers from India had us over for dinner, I was amazed at the spices and tastes. It wasn't until we were in the house so much during Covid, that I started making different dishes, using jars! I've made it from scratch since then, and tried a few different naan bread recipes...I don't EAT bread, so try making that and only having one little taste! Anyway, I would love to see that recipe.
Marilyn,chatty Cathy granddaughter, motor mouth like her mother, that's so funny!
Valerie, we found eggs in Walmart for $2.18 a dozen, which I cannot even fathom that it seemed so cheap, wow.
Mari, I know, interesting but difficult. Target chicken: I hope it's as good in your Target as it is in ours.
Terri, thank you!