summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

the days start filling in....

 The blank calendar of a new year, with just a skeleton of a schedule, starts filling in!  

Friday: babysitting for Grant and Ruth while Grace has an appointment.

Sunday:  Birthday party for our granddaughter Ophelia, she's turning three years old!

The 19-23, a trip to Florida

The 26-30, babysitting for Achille and Rhys while Kathryn and Darius take a trip to Salem.

Activity club, library trips, going out and about with Kathryn, painting a house we're trying to get ready to rent, there are very few blank days.  

This fine morning, I'm a bit tired...it's the first day for Charlotte back to school after a very long break.  I woke up at three a.m., and WIDE AWAKE.  The hip ached, so I rolled over, then my arm fell asleep, then I rolled over, the other hip ached, onto my back, all comfy, but started snoring while I was still awake, rolled back over...I like to be up by 6:45, but of course by then, I was comfy-cozy, no aches and pains, just all sleepy...ugh.  Vacation is fantastic, sleeping until you wake up naturally!

Sadly, I didn't make it out here before the bus came, I texted Char and made sure she was up, and okay with that...I was awake then anyway, so I moseyed on out, but she was already gone...Bad Mom.  

It was Library Day today, Achilles and Rhys like the library. 

It was only yesterday that my own kids were this little, and fascinated by the library dollhouse.
Achilles...:)


There are toys in the kids' corner, and so many children's books!  We live in a good country, don't you think?  

We went to Target because Kathryn needed storage containers, and I needed coffee filters. Shh, $99 for coffee filters?  I got Ophelia two birthday gifts, bought a package of chicken breasts (shh AGAIN, Target  fresh chicken breasts are the best...well trimmed, no waste), some gummy vitamins, seltzer, and some much needed fake flowers...you know, when you walk in and there's the dollar area? Well, sometimes the good stuff gets sold out fast...and it looked so bare in here...a few fake plants, some flowers...

Then...home, ahh home.  Kathryn came in with the kids.  Achilles brought a stool over to the counter to watch me make chicken stew...cut up the chicken, dredged it in flour with salt and pepper and thyme, browned it in oil in the new dutch oven Paul got me for Christmas, added chicken broth, then chopped carrots, peeled and chopped potatoes...Achilles was eating little chunks of raw carrots...and keeping me company.  

They left and went home, girls are doing homework, and dinner is smelling wonderful.  It's probably done now...I love one-pot dinners.  

Ah well...another damp, rainy, winter's day...love it!



4 comments:

Mari said...

We're having a thunderstorm right now - crazy thundering with pouring rain and still a little snow on the ground.
Why are we always sleeping so well when it's time to get up?
My daughter takes Cassie to the library near her where she loves the books, but also the play area. When my kids were young, there was no play area. Libraries have changed! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Della!

I took my dog to the library one day so the children could read to her. It was amazing. The dogs are non judgmental and the kids feel comfortable reading to them.

We started watching Downton Abbey again last night. Such a great show!! Have you seen it? One of my very favourite shows ever. No one does it like the Brit’s and Maggie Smith.

You are always so
busy Della and I’m just full of admiration for all you do. Such a great wife mother and Grammie.

Well it bed time now so off I go ……..

Ttfn Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, that is brilliant to bring your pup to the library! The kids probably LOVE that! Downton Abbey? Um, yes!!! I really enjoy it, Gran-Mama is as classy as they come, very enjoyable.
Mari, the library we go to really got ridiculous during the whole Covid thing, closed off the kids' area...now it is open again, but so many of the toys are gone...same with pediatrician's offices around here, just bare waiting rooms, not even cute little bookshelves full of cute little books...AS IF those things spread Covid...ugh. Anyway, I don't know about the sleep thing, but I slept better last night,and am very thankful for it...it's been super rainy here...almost rather have the snow, it's all so brown and gloomy...

Anonymous said...

She’s a certified Therapy Dog.