summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

falling gently down...

 ...causing a two hour delay of school...which was nice because I wasn't quite ready to get out of my nice warm bed this morning.  I have found myself listening for crying, but duh, the kids are all bye-bye home now!  

Charlotte Claire got on the bus, Sonja is doing schoolwork, as is Miss Cam. Paul is working, the dogs are snoring, and here I am, in the comfy chair.  I've swept and mopped and put away dishes, let dogs out, then back in, wiped their paws and gave them treats.  I've fed the kitties, shh gave them a splash of cream, and watered the plants, and the animals. 

It is NOT a busy day, and I like it.  

Last night's dinner:  chicken fajitas.  Chicken breast, all seasoned and marinated in lime juice, then baked with olive oil, sliced up, served with peppers and onions, and homemade guac. 

Tonight's dinner:  are you kidding me?  I have to make dinner again?

I have some girls who want to go to the library this afternoon, but with only one vehicle, and Paul needing to do other things, not so sure....

Home...I love home...but I also love going out and about.  The snowy landscape is breathtaking, but when the roads get messy and the snow comes down too thick and too fast, and I cannot see where the road is, nope. No thank you.  So we'll see how the afternoon unfolds.

For some reason, I'm not in the blogging groove today.  There's a lot going on, Camille is here in the living room with her computer, and Sonja is too. They're talking about Taylor Swift and Harry Styles, and I'm distracted.  But, I'm thinking of this:

This verse in  Hebrews has been on my mind.  To be anointed with the oil of gladness, by hating my own iniquity, that's how I love righteousness.   My own iniquity:  pride, wanting to be something, seeking honor, wanting things, anxiety, arguing, holding grudges, being bitter...these are ugly things, and I'm thankful for salvation!  I think of this from proverbs:
That miry clay is my own sin.  I'm so thankful that I don't have to be just stuck in it, and be miserable!  


Last night, the snowflakes were so big and sparkly.
This morning, the world so bright!

Ah well....things to do other than sit in this chair!


6 comments:

Mari said...

It's falling down gently here too. Not enough to close anything though.
Fajitas sound good. Enjoy your day!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! You sit in the cozy chair as long as you like, my lovely friend! We saw a flurry yesterday and don't see any of the white stuff in the forecast. I want a good storm but do not enjoy driving in it either. Your dinner sounds divine! I have chicken breast thawed for homemade chicken tenders tonight. I will add steamed potatoes and whatever vegetable I can find in the freezer! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Della!

Yes I guess we have to cook dinner till the day we die 😆 My husband is NOT a cook at all ………. so of course he thinks everything I make is wonderful 😆 After so many years of cooking meals……. Like 60….…… and I’ve decided I don’t want to cook, either I …. Or my husband……. will suggest we go out somewhere for supper. We have found a fish and chip place not too far from our place that makes gluten free fish and chips!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 AND it is REALLY good , and truly you would not know the difference. This man worked on it till he got it right. My hubby has the regular fish and chips and recons it the best he’s ever eaten!! So there you go………. another piece of useless information for you 😆😆 I’m going to roast a little chicken for supper with roasted yams and potatoes and a green veggie of some sort and gravy of course.

Have a lovely day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say ……don’t you love it when the snow has fallen at night and it twinkles in the light? Heavenly 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Our thrift store had their 50 percent off day today, and I found a pretty butter yellow mug with The fruit of the Spirit is...joy Galatians 5:22 Makes me wonder if there is a whole set of them, but there was no labels or brand names on it anywhere. I was just telling my kids about what it meant to anoint a king (Samuel - Saul, David) I love that verse you shared!
Valerie

Terri D said...

Beautiful scripture and your testimony. Glad you enjoyed some quieter times today!! Much deserved. Stay warm and safe up there!