summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 21, 2023

ah, here in Florida...

With Sonja...airport selfie!


Airplane selfie!  Paul and I, Camille, Charlotte Claire ,and Sonja K.

We got some sunshine yesterday, pool time, ahhhh!!!!!
We didn't arrive in Orlando until midnight, by the time we got to Zephyrhills until two...then Grandma was awake and happy to see us, it was a while until we settled in.  So yesterday we visited for a bit, then pool....so nice!!!!  We went to Publix, one of my favorite places, and got lunch fixings...then ordered Chili's for dinner, at the request of some young girls...those chipotle chicken crispers are not too shabby. 
The pups are staying with Margaret and Adrian, little Tennyson loves them...what's better than a Sunny backrest and a Suri footrest?  

The forecast here today is rainy, so we're thinking of going to some thrift stores, and tomorrow hopefully we'll make it to the beach...it won't be hot, but some sunshine would be sufficient.  

Grandma is happy to see us, she's such a gem.  Her short term memory isn't what it used to be, but she is still very sharp and perceptive.  She can't keep it straight how long we're here for or what day it is, but she knows what's going on in the world, and believe me, she has her opinions on it.  She really enjoys having the girls here, too.  

So we're not doing anything earthshattering down here, but just the tropical air, I do love it.  I love the smell of the warm weather, that distinctive Florida aroma.  It's green, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Having Paul in "Vacation Mode", and spending time with the girls, I have no complaints.  I've slept well, and the palpitations are still going on, but something about knowing they aren't going to put me in the grave has taken the sting out of them.  Going in the pool yesterday was really nice, felt good.

Ah well....there's a lot to be thankful for today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Della 😊

It looks heavenly I have to say. We used to go to Florida for the month of March and the weather was mostly perfect I have to say. We stayed on Siesta Key, but it was getting to be just sooooooo busy and sooooooo expensive. I liked Publix too!! I’m sure Grandma will love your company for a few days.

Anyway enjoy!!🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

pssssssss....its pouring rain here in Ocala right now. Is it raining down there? Enjoy your vacation, smiles

Terri D said...

Zephyrhills is only 40 minutes from Lakeland! So close!! A gray day today and cooler tomorrow but enjoy your beach day!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, it only sprinkled here a bit today...still not too bad, considering NY weather. Terri: I want to meet up with you on one of these trips, but when we only come for three days, and the forecast is so iffy....not sure which day to go to the beach...now tomorrow is our last day, as we fly home Monday....so we're heading to Clearwater and will probably going to get rained...but one of these days, for sure, I really want to meet up!!!! (I have had trouble commenting on some of my favorite blogs lately, still read though....)
Marilyn, Siesta Key is gorgeous...and yes, Publix is nice! So clean and bright, buf if it isn't on sale, it'll be an arm and a leg.

Anonymous said...

We just found with a months rent, renting a car, airfare, and boarding our dogs for a month just got to be way too much money. We started going to Arizona……driving and taking the dogs with us and we could go for 3 months for the same amount of money. A no brainer.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦