summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 6, 2023

and, off she goes!

Full of vim and vigor...not sure what vim even is, also I probably don't have much of it this fine morning.  I woke up at five o'clock, and thought YAY, I can go back to sleep.  Go back to sleep.  Don't start thinking of jury duty or the birthday party on Sunday or driving up to Sam's house today to babysit.  no.  just relax, go back to sleep...wait, when is Emily's birthday?  I should get her something.  I haven't talked to Paul about the wine tour tomorrow...will I have enough cheese for the macaroni and cheese for Sunday?  I didn't get hot dog buns, the kids won't care, they can eat bread...maybe I should run into Aldi today....no, just go back to sleep. back to sleep...

This whole mind circus went on until five minutes before I absolutely had to get up, in order to see Miss Charlotte Claire off to school...then I found myself relaxing, and going to sleep.  dang it.  

I have received a notice for jury duty.  I have to call on Sunday night to see if I'm needed, then report on Monday morning.  I wouldn't mind sitting on a jury again, and hey, forty bucks a day is more than I earn right now.  But, I'm going to Florida next week!  THAT is not a valid reason to be excused, but the plane tickets are bought and the car is rented...  I'm kind of torn, because it's  basic righteousness to serve, but then if it comes down to it, and I'm questioned, and I answer everything wrong so I get excused...then I can go to Florida.  see?  see why I couldn't go back to sleep?   I guess I'll just see how it goes...I AM supposed to help Kathryn with her kids while she goes to the dentist on Monday...

Yesterday, after sweeping and mopping and puttering around, writing up Camille's quarterly report and spending some time doing homeschooling planning, ect., Kathryn texted and asked if we wanted to go to the thrift store, and yes, we did.  It was a short outing, I found a few nice shirts for grandkids, and a talking tickle Cookie Monster for 99 cents.   Kathryn came here with the kids after, what a nice afternoon.

My fancy coffee from Singapore, it was from Aaron!  It's so good, and I'm going to make it last a while.
A few years ago, Paul and I working at the Dome...like his Cookie Monster shirt peeking out?  He's so cute...Paul...and Cookie Monster.
A few years back...Paul with our five boys...so many daughters, but we do have sons, too! Aaron, Benjamin, Paul, Samuel (I can't believe he had that mustache for the pictures!),Joseph ,and Jonathan...
Evelyn, Mariel in back, little Camille peeking, Molly Rose, me, Margaret, Abigail, Sonja on the end, then Suzanne the front in blue, Kathryn, Emily, and little Charlotte Claire...a few years back, but so lovely.

Andrew Klaven's A Strange Habit of Mind, Paul got it for me for Christmas...I liked that paragraph...

Anyway, vim and vigor or not, off I go!


6 comments:

Jan said...

I was excused from jury duty once because we already had tickets bought and hotels booked for a vacation. They said they'd just put my name back in the pool and they'd call me for duty again sometime. Maybe that's just Texas, though!

Carol said...

OH Jury duty certainly can't interfere with a Florida trip for you. God will work it out. You have a gorgeous bunch of kids.

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, Jan, that sounds hopeful!
Carol, thank you...and I hope jury duty doesn't interfere!!! My mother-in-law is so excited that we're coming!

Anonymous said...

I've always gotten out of jury duty by saying I have people depending on me at home. You could still say that, that is true...
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, it IS true! Miss Cam is homeschooled....

Anonymous said...

Hi Della!

You do have people at home dependant on you being there. So you are not fibbing, right? It would be interesting to serve, but Paul’s elderly mother needs you too. Good luck 🤞

I just love all your pictures 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦