summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 3, 2008

big choices today

I had to decide whether to take a little nap, which my body voted for 100%....or go for my walk, which I missed yesterday.....my stupid mind was voting for the walk, and I knew if I didn't listen, I would not be able to rest anyway....so, I put on my sneakers, and out the door I went. Emily the nurse is here today, and she kindly took the kids for a walk in the other direction....

I walked for 25 minutes, same as the day before yesterday, but I went farther.....I walk as fast as I can. Okay, don't laugh. I probably do a 25 minute mile. But it is better than nothing, and it feels nice.

I had fun doing the "random things that make me happy", so I think I will add a few a day. And the day I run out of new things that make me happy......I'll quit blogging...

Let's see if I can come up with 5 more for today....

1. when I drive the van, and the gas tank is at least 1/2 full.....I feel like I can go anywhere....

2. when the kids remember fondly stuff I did with them when they were little (as opposed to when they get together and start remembering times when mom was SO mean)

3. cold rainy days when I don't have to go anywhere.

4. when Mariel bakes something from her new cookbook....right now, she is asking for a bunch of ingredients, and you bet I will get them for her.....

5. Friday nights, and that exciting weekend feeling, especially if Paul brings home some wine...

6. Talking to my sister-in-law, or sister on the phone, and encouraging each other in our daily life....

I could easily write more. If you are reading this, and you don't have a blog, feel free to comment and write some random things that make you happy. Write as many as you want to.....and if you do have a blog, that's okay too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

things that make me happy

1. reading YOUR blog everyday and the fact that like me, you blog more than once a lot of days :)

HUGS

Unknown said...

Things that make me happy....

1-Newborn babies
2-Puppies
3-A fresh crisp Fall day :)
4-Afternoon thunderstorms
5-Candles
6-The love of family and friends
7-The list could go on forever!

*I'm a daily reader....I enjoy your blog and hearing about your life with 16 kids! :)

Heather

cheryl said...

My list kind of dittoes yours and the 2 Heathers..
In fact, we have a newborn sleeper hanging around, and Janet asked me why, and the reason is this: you must put it up to your shoulder and imagine the baby in it, and comfort it as if the Momma has left it with us for a little while!! So, she's pretty good at making the sounds, etc.. Katie says we're nuts, but WE CAN'T WAIT!!
I guess baby clothes make me happy, along with a multitude of other things, sounds, smells, thoughts, actions, feelings, and tastes..

Renata said...

I love your lists, so glad you're continuing it!
Well done on choosing the walk over the sleep - I don't know if I would have been that good!

Peta said...

Things that make me happy;
1. reading blogs about other peoples large families.( I don't have a blog because I don't know how to make one)
2.My kids coming down the stairs in the morning and one by one giveng me a kiss as they come into the kitchen.
3.Getting together with my SIL & BIL and there 6 kids.
4.Hubby coming home from work each day and watching all the kids rush to him to tell him what they did they day.
5. Newborn babies. Sadly I can't have anymore but oneday I will be a grandma and those babes will be the most spoilt grandchildren ever. LOL
This list could go on for days so I will stop here.

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi, Peta G - I love that too, when daddy comes in and they rush over to see him....hey, it is easy to start a blog. Just go to blogger.com , and follow the directions. It has to be easy, or I couldn't have started one. I actually accidentally erased the picture I had on the header of my blog, and have to get it back....go ahead and try, then let us know if you get it started....

della

Martha said...

Things that make me happy...
1. listening to my children play the piano
2. falling leaves in Autumn
3. hearing form an old friend
4. summertime
5. all my children here for supper
6. a sleeping baby (not because they're sleeping, but because they're so beautiful)

Peta said...

Thanks for the tip's Della. Once the kids go back to school (they have two weeks school holidays and then we go away for a week's family holiday) I will see if I can figure it out. Hubby bought me a new laptop and I'm still learning how to use it, I can't even get it to recognise my camera when I plug it in. So I need to work on that first.

FLmom7 said...

Good for you for going for a walk. I love your list, I may try that on my own blog one day. Thanks for the idea;-)