summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 24, 2008

day out and about

Suzanne, Kathryn, and Jonathan......we went to Chinese for lunch....the kids didn't have school, so I took eleven of them out and about....(Em was at work, Ab was at college, Ben went to work, Mariel is still far away in Canada, and Joseph stayed home in the nice quiet house and played his guitar....hmm, he's smart)
Charlotte Claire likes her ice cream.... Camille sat here for over an hour, and was happy.....those sugar fried donuts make anyone happy, I guess....

They sure can get our money's worth....










We went to the Rescue Mission store after here, and found a few good things. Aaron and Molly came over to me with these giant trench coats and big black boots, saying, "Please, please..." Take them off.....I found some things in the 50cent bin...
I made a quick stop in the Game Stop for Sam's birthday present....his birthday was August 2, and I finally got his game....
Then, on to the: grocery store! The kids were thrilled!!! not. So, after a massive bathroom break, we started shopping - and nice mom that I am, I let them stop in the bulk foods sections, and each get a bag and pick out some candy. Aaron is 15, and Molly 14, and Sam is 13, so they are old enough to supervise....I got half way through the store before they were finished. Which is good, because the train of us all going up and down the aisles is quite slow. I mean, if one or two kids walk down the middle of the aisle and get in someones way, oh well....but when 5 or six are meandering around.....I try to make them stay in a row....
We never ended getting our pumpkins...we will have to go tomorrow or something....Jon was very disapointed, but it was dusk when we passed the pumpkin place....
Groceries are expensive. I just buy the cheap stuff , and we have our economy meal, spaghetti, once a week. I buy alot of chicken because it is cheap. And chicken simmered in cream of celery or cream of chicken soup is very good over rice or potatoes....I am hoping the turkeys are cheap again around thanksgiving so I can put 4 or 5 in the freezer. I try to stock up on things when they are on sale....in the fall, we always buy 5 or 6 cases of crushed tomatoes to last through the winter... well, Camille is tired, so I will go on and on about my shopping habits some other time....





6 comments:

debi9kids said...

Ahh yes! The fun of grocery shopping with lots of kids. UGH! I took all 9 to Walmart last weekend and it was awful (NEVER go to walmart on a Sunday!) We blocked so many aisles so many times. LOL

Renata said...

Your lunch out looks like fun! Grocery shopping with 11 sounds like hard work! (4 is hard enough!!) Over here chicken is expensive - it's cheaper to buy beef, so we eat a lot of beef!

Martha said...

I am just catching up with you and the 911 story. That is too funny. Good motivation to get things picked up in a hurry and you even had time for a walk. Good thing you weren't being killed or anything, it would have been all over and done with. :(

I used to have a parade following me through the grocery store. Now they are old enough to wait in the van while I shop and, ya know, I don't mind a bit. Leisurely grocery shopping is kinda nice. At Walmart I have to go searching for them.

Martha said...

Is the Plainville Turkey Farm still there?

16 blessings'mom said...

Ah, the Plainville Turkey Farm....still running, still producing those yummy fresh turkeys and lunchmeats...but the store/visitor center is closed. Which was sad, we used to go there with the kids and have frozen yogurts, 50 cents.....they liked the baby bunnies, lambs, pigs, baby turkeys.....

Årøjn said...

You didn't see me flipping off the camera in that shot, eh? I learnt that trick from susan ;)