summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 19, 2008

evening....

This is Sonja K. I don't know why we call her Sonja K., but we do. Her middle name is Kathleen, so that is probably partly why....anyway, she is funny. She somehow got in on my walk this afternoon. I am so000 stupid. I told her she could come along, but she had to walk fast, and not say she was tired, because I needed to go all the way down the road....okay, she said. And she meant it. I am totally out-energized by this six year old. She scooted right along. As we went up the big hill, which I usually struggle with by the time I get to the top, measuring my progress by how many gasping breaths I have to take...she asked me if I was tired, because she wasn't....and she chatted all the way up that hill. She outpaced me all the way, then when we got close to the house, we could hear the kids out on the trampoline, and she wanted to run back the rest of the way...I was like, "You can run?"......stupid me...... Camille Anaya is getting so big....she will be one year old on November 7th....


Aah, the t.v. remote!
She loves to walk around the furniture....



Charlotte Claire did not want to wear these tights to church today....but daddy put them on her anyway.... Camille was alarmed at her crying....





Yum, this Easter cottage that I bought for 90% off after Easter, and they finally talked me into letting them make, is good stuff....Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn....





They had a good time decorating it, and eating the decorations....






Here she is, ready to go....
Another busy day....Margaret and Kathryn helped me put away a few boxes of sandals, and sort through the shoes that are outgrown. Then we sorted through the sweaters and jackets. There are 10 hooks, so I gave one to 9 of the younger ones. Paul and I can keep ours in our room, and Camilles', too.....as can the older ones. I left one hook for random jackets, like if you pick one up and don't know who's it is...I often think that life would be easier if we had a mud room, but there's not much sense wishing .....
We also took care of the big pile of clothes on the couch. It is clean and empty, and makes the room look so nice. For how long, I ask?
While I was out walking, Abigail made dinner. We had Sam's favorite, Hamburger helper stroganoff, and mixed veges. For some reason, the kids just clean off their plates when I make it. Even Camille liked it. It's the only variety of Hamburger Helper I buy. And it was $1 a box.
Tomorrow we are having company for dinner. My niece, who is expecting her first baby in December, and her husband, and 3 other friends who are staying with them. I think I'll make chicken and gravy, and mashed potatoes. I also want to make some apple pies...ha. I wish I could clone myself, then I could just lay on the floor and play with Camille, and read stories to Charlotte Claire, and play cars with Jonathan, and make pies and clean the kitchen at the same time. I had Joseph sweep the floor really well tonight so I can mop tomorrow morning....what fun. I say that sarcastically, but I do really really love clean floors. I do not like stepping on Cheerios...and I hate sticky.
I am going to a baby shower on Tuesday night! A friend of ours is having her third. She has a little girl, and toddler boy, and is having another girl. She moved here from Norway when she only had the first, and didn't bring all her baby girls stuff. It should be really nice to see my friends.....and Paul is okay with having all the kids for the evening, even Camille. I explained that at 11 months old, she would NOT be fun at a shower. Too mobile. So, he gets to have some fun too...ha.
My sister is sick. She has chronic asthma, and her lungs are not very good when she's healthy, but now she has a cough....I hope she calls the doctor!
Well, I am tired. Weekends are exhausting. It doesn't help that Camille the sweet cuddly baby was up 3 times last night.....and last night was a short one, too. I didn't take much time off today....I don't know where the day went....I planned on a nice soak in the hot tub.....oh well....tomorrow is another day...







4 comments:

Peta said...

Hi Della. I have to ask what is hamburger helper?
I started my blog today. Im not sure if I did it right but have a look and tell me what you think.

Barb said...

I have got to ask a question........do you think you'll have any more kids????? You make beautiful ones!

barbandtheboys.blogspot.com

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, this is a hard question, because I don't know the answer to it. I would love love love to have another baby. But I am 43 years old....my body is getting tired...especially with Miss Camille waking up to nurse 3 times in the night still....but, if God in His goodness saw fit to send another one to us, I would recieve it joyfully and thankfully....in fact, I am trying not to hope too much....trying to be at rest, and let Him be in control....

Renata said...

I was going to ask what is hamburger helper? - as well. Your floor sounds just like mine is at the moment (swept, but still sticky)- I need to mop (UGH). Hope your sister gets better soon. Have fun at the baby shower!!