summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

windy, cold, snowy, rainy day with sick kids

and with that as the title, what else can I say? Actually, Jonathan is the only one sick, so far. Just moments after I took this picture of him, he started to throw-up. And of course I was nursing the tired and fussy Camille, who had already waited for mommy long enough...I had to put her down, and rush over to Jon.....I need a bowl, quick, so I grabbed the wipes container, took the wipes out really quickly, and put that under his chin. It wasn't such a bad mess, as he has only had a few drinks today. Poor boy. And poor Camille. I am so apologetic today. Charlotte Claire's biggest concern during all this was the abandoned wipes. She was just chattering away about it....(I was a bit concerned that Jon was going to get stuff on the couch, but shh, don't tell anyone)....anyway, Charlotte found another wipes container, and put the wipes away properly. Here she is playing with her dolly and dolllhouse....

She takes such tender care of her dolly....makes me wonder why she hits Camille....


I didn't get a chance to write anything yesterday....I was pretty busy here, and when I took a few minutes to go on the computer, I checked my e-mail, and had one from M., as she likes to be referred to on here. I had to answer her, and then it was time to go shopping. I am so glad I didn't bring Jonathan. Molly and I just took Camille. So, it was alot easier, and more productive, and fun in a way, but not as fun as bringing along a bunch of them. I have never been one to leave the kids home to make it easier, we live a ways away from everything, and it's nice for them to get out and about, too. And how can you go past a train, bus, tractor, or race-car without someone to point it out to?


Yes, we did some shopping. Mostly groceries. But I did pick up a few really adorable outfits for my niece, Susan. We are going to a baby shower for her on Sunday. I already got her some things for next summer, but I got her a few nice little things for now. I really like brown and light blue together.


We were going to have Susan and Thomas, and the other boys that were here last week, for dinner again tonight. One of the boys, Thomas' younger brother, is going back home to Norway on Friday. But with Jonathan sick, we had to cancel. Susan does not need a fever/flu whatever it is he has....the kids are going to be bummed when they get home from school and find out they aren't coming over. Oh well.


Well, at my favorite store I got some Angus roast beef for $1.99 a pound. I got one for tonight, as I thought we were having company, and 4 for the freezer. We are having a nice dinner tonight, for a weeknight....but it is so windy and rainy and cold, it will be cozy in here. I really like giving them a nice dinner. I don't particulary like all the work that goes along with it, but I like the good smells, and the warmth, and, not to be too much like a corny television commercial, but I like when they appreciate and enjoy the food.


So last night, Molly and I had gone to three stores, plus, shh, a stop at DunkinDonuts for a coffee and a latte, and shh two glazed chocolate donuts....Molly said we really shouldn't, and I said, heck it's dinner.....enjoy. It helped me shop rationally, as I wasn't hungry. Anyway, as we trudged to the register at the last store, with our cart overflowing with groceries (Camille was in the stroller, as she was tired, so we had even the child-seat filled with stuff)....I told Molly we were almost done. Just had to unload it all at the register, then put it all in the van, then go home and bring it all in and put it away.......groan....the way home, which is like 35 minutes, Camille was crying. So we sang to her. And sang to her. She finally conked out half way home......and woke up when we pulled in the drive-way.....


Charlotte Claire was still up when we got home, so happy to see me. She loves to help put stuff away, but it would really be more help if she just stayed out of the bags and let us do it. But I don't tell her that. I feel like such a liar saying, "Thank you honey, you are such a nice helper.."


So, by the time I got stuff put away, and baby in bed, and clothes out for the kids for today, there was no way I was going to turn on the computer.......


I had a dentist appointment today, I HATE going to the dentist. I would rather have a baby with no pain medicine ( and I do know what I am talking about, I had several of those, even some with pitocin) than go to the dentist. But I lucked out, Paul hasn't been in a while, so he took the kids and went in my place....we go every six months. We used to have such a good system, all going together....then there were too many, so we split up and each took some kids....now we have too many for that, too, so we are split up even more....with ME going even more.....and with that stupid water dispenser in the waiting room, making it so hard to sit there reading the People magazines, because the kids all want drinks.....
Anyway, today has been crazy. I got the little ones into bed, Jon fell asleep on the couch, I made some lunch, and sat down....and Charlotte Claire came back out, didn't stay in for her nap...she's going back in for another try.....the first trip kids are home now. So, .....






3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww...poor little guy!
Does one little boy sick mean a whole house of sick pretty soon?
God bless you if that's the case!!
Hope everyone manages to make it to the toilet ;)

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, whatever he has doesn't seem to be primarily a throw-up virus....he has a fever, and only threw up the one time....time will tell...and it's funny how sometimes several will get whatever is going around, but usually everyone doesn't get it...but with Trick-or-Treating coming up, I hope whoever is going to get it hurrys up about it!!

Cassandra said...

Poor Jon, I hope he kicks whatever it is really soon...
I kept checking your blog yesterday for your new post, isnt that funny, i really realised how much i look forward to reading your blog EVERYDAY! but then i am bad because i dont post everyday... lol

I love hearing about what you cook for dinner for so many kiddies, the other day you mentioned chicken cooked in soup and served over rice or potatos? can you share exactly how you cook that... sounds yummy, in fact i'd love you to share lots of info about what you cook and how you cook and even how MUCH you have to cook ;-)
What kinds of things are good and easy for big families? I know probably sounds stupid but i am amazed that you get time for a walk almost everyday when you have to cook for so many people lol...

I hate the dentist too... I need to go now as i'm having problems with my gums but i just cant muster up enough courage lol

Cassandra xx