summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

only 7 of us still up here

and boy, is it nice....Joe is probably downstairs playing his guitar, Molly is probably writing in her room....Margaret and Kathryn are in the hot tub.....Paul is up, Emily the nurse is home from work, Abigail is still up, as is Aaron, Mariel and Jon, this disrupting boy....he gets to stay up later than the school girls, so they will go to sleep quicker.

We went to an apple place today....$5 for a bag of apples. A large grocery bag. We got 3 bags. And some homemade cookies, and some squash, and two lollipops, for Jon and Charlotte Claire. I had no intention of buying them a lollipop, they are sticky and bad for their teeth. But they were on a low shelf, and before I realized it, Miss Charlotte Claire had one, already trying to taste it through the wrapper....and I started to protest, and realized it was too late...so I let Jon pick one out too......they had been so good and happy, Charlotte Claire thought it was great fun to put apples in the bags from the big wooden crates....and I just didn't feel like putting my foot down and teaching her a lesson, like buying the lollipop and not letting her have it. Sometimes you just have to let things slide, and have a good day. But if I did it all the time, they would be really bratty......

Then we went to a new Walmart, which is just like all the other Walmarts.....Mariel pushed one cart with Charlotte Claire in it, and I pushed another one with Camille in it.....and Camille was tired....I should have brought the stroller in....so I had alternate carrying her with putting her back in the cart...she is heavy! All the while, Jon was holding on to the front end of my cart, facing me, and hopping....so he was backwards.....the child has energy to spare....he has to burn it off SOMEHOW.........he also convinced me to buy bologna again....and some popcorn chicken....

So, we ate apples and popcorn chicken, and cookies in the van.....on the way home. And the bad thing today: I never had a cup of coffee until we got home this afternoon. We got the groceries put away, and I sat and put my feet up and had my coffee. And then I got up off my lazy rear and went for my walk.....which made it quite late when I started dinner, and we ate at 7:30....but the kids ate exceptionally well....must be the effects of their after school snack had time to wear off. And it helped that dinner was: pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, honeydew, bacon/tomato sandwiches.....

Oh, and the days just go by......more or less the same....this evening, Charlotte Claire pooped, then took her diaper off and ran through the house.....I captured her before she sat anywhere, thankfully.....is that the highlight of my day?

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I love how you say "only 7" LOL! People with small families around the wrold are thinking huh?! But I totally get it.

mommeeof10 said...

Sam (2) likes to take off his diaper and throw it away. Then he gets a new diaper and the baby wipes and brings them to me.

His new favorite saying is "Youra (Laura) did it." Everything is his big sister's fault, not his. He blames her for mischief that occurred when she was still sleeping and he was the only kid in the room. :)