summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 3, 2008

sonja k. and the dollar

Sonja had a dollar. She thought Xavier (the name has been changed to protect the innocent) took it. She got upset. Xavier has a reputation for being quite the brat on the bus. He is a fourth grader. Sonja K. is in first grade. Her sisters butted in and took up the cause. Suzanne told Sonja's teacher, and her own teacher. Evelyn told the boy's teacher, and the principal got involved. Then Sonja came home from school and burst into tears. She had found her dollar. Now her lucky mom gets to call the principal and tell him that she was mistaken. And believe me, this lucky mom really got after Miss Sonja for making accusations.....she did not want to go to school today. Does this look like a mug shot or what?
Here is her accomplice, Miss Suzanne. Sonja said she told Suzanne and Evelyn not to tell everyone. It isn't quite clear at what point Sonja realized that Xavier did not have her dollar. But I really wonder.....

It did provide a good opportunity to talk to them about lying. Liars always get found out. And even if they think nobody knows, God knows. I can't exactly accuse Sonja of lying, but I have my doubts.....but today we are going to put it right. Everytime I mention that Sonja has to apologize to Xavier, the kids all start shouting, but He Is A BRAT.....HE HOGS the SEATS....HE bugs EVERYONE!!! And I am saying that that is not the point. We have to do what is right....
So, here I go to call Mr. Principal....one of my favorite things.....

2 comments:

Brandi said...

UGH! Yes we are having some issues with accusing before knowing all the facts and I have to stay on top of my girls about it. Glad she found her dollar though!

Renata said...

Well done on making them do the right thing - sometimes it's so hard, but so important!