summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 2, 2008

random things that make me happy

this is borrowed from Heather....

1. my morning coffee.....if I have another cup to try to re-create that enjoyment, it just doesn't work...it never tastes as good....exception: dunkin donuts coffee with lots of cream....

2. when I get home and the kids have cleaned the house...

3. my evening shower.

4. buy one get one free AND a coupon!

5. finding something for myself that fits, looks nice, and is cheap...

6. when Emily makes dinner

7. when Paul makes dinner

8. when Mariel makes dinner

9. the beach

10. the sunset on the beach

11. when someone watches the baby so I can swim at the beach

12. a purring kitty

13. looking at prams

14. owning the prams

15. newborn babies

16. positive pregnancy tests

17. my sweet camille, even in the night for the 4th or 5th time...

18. my sweet husband.........................................................................ha..

19. really, my husband is beautiful, I am still crazy about him....and we are good friends, too...

20. when the kids listen to me....

21. respect from my teenagers

22. going shopping with my sister

23. taking a nap on a chilly, rainy afternoon

24. listening to my children: play piano, flute, saxophone, guitar, or sing - I have no musical ear whatsoever, so they always sound beautiful to me....

25. hugs, kisses, cuddles.....from the kids, or from Paul.....


That was fun....but tonight I did something that was not so fun, in itself. My cousin passed away. I hadn't seen this cousin in some years, but I have seen his mom, my aunt. She is sister to my late father. So, my older brother, my sister, and I (and Camille) set out to go to the calling hours.....we got a little lost, but we eventually found the place. It is obvious to say it was sad. He was only 49 years old, and died in his sleep of a heart attack. His son found him in the morning. His poor kids, and grand kids, and his mom....I am glad we went , and I'm glad we brought Camille. I've always thought it was good to bring babies to calling hours and funerals. It brightens people up. It was nice to spend some time with my brother and sister. We have 33 kids between us, so there is no end to things we have to talk to about together.

1 comment:

Renata said...

Wow- 33 kids - you guys are blessed! Sorry to hear about your cousin.
Enjoyed your list - I totally agree about the morning coffee - except for me, I make it iced as I hate hot drinks!