summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 31, 2008

happy halloween

the kids just got home on the bus, and we are to begin the fun process of getting everyone dressed up. We don't buy the costumes, we have aquired a Superman outfit for Jon from a friend of a friend.....and, Charlotte Claire's kitty costume has been around here for a while...oh yeah, I got it at Walmart a few years ago after halloween for 75%off. And I made Sonja's Fancy Nancy dress last year, when she was a princess. The kids usually just gather stuff from around the house....so, I'll try to get some pictures....the fun part is, the 3 little ones dressed up for school, and will wear something tonight, and maybe something different for the Fall feast at church tomorrow......so we will have lots of fun......

At the same time, we have to make sure the travelers to Canada have their passports, and Molly has her birthcertificate and photo I.D., and some money, and some snacks for the trip. They will be leaving about when we are leaving for trick-or-treating....just fun and chaos....and I didn't make dinner yet, so I am thinking one burger from the drive-through, and coming home and having something later.....the kids might be too excited to eat very properly, anyway. I get so caught up in their excitement, I swear I have never grown up.....I am trying to decide if I want to dress up too.....

Today, we are just blessed with beautiful weather. Sunny and warm, almost 60 degrees. I went out in the hot tub with Jonathan and Charlotte Claire while Camille napped. It was lots of fun, and I certainly didn't take it for granted like I might have a month ago, when this weather was common.....


Well, time to get moving....

1 comment:

Janis said...

Hello! I can't wait to hear how it went with all of you! And did you dress up! How long does the candy last around there? Happy Halloween!