summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 30, 2008

sooo tired

I am heading in for a nap, which I hate to do, because it is a waste of time. But on the other hand, I love naps. I have to leave the older kids here watching the younger ones, Camille is in bed, and Charlotte Claire is going in.....

Camille was a real fuss again last night. She was just awake for a long time. I wonder if her throat hurts or something. She has no fever, but is a little bit stuffy. She wouldn't even nurse last night, just wanted to be held. And I wanted to sleep.....

I had an adventurous day. Kathryn stayed home today (I got tired of Camille emptying out what we call the "pony drawer", where we keep the brushes, hair elastics ((ponies)), and barettes....and some pennies, other assorted small items. So last night we put the contents of the drawer into a plastic bag. Including the hairbrushes)....so today, Kathryn could not find the hairbrush. She missed the bus. She could have gone on second trip, but begged not to. Yeah, I know, I could have sent her, but she hates going in late....and she has been asking for a day off for a while. I am glad she was here. I had to go to Walmart. Camille pooped halfway through the shopping trip. I chose not to drag the kids back to the bathroom and change her, but hurry and finish, and change her in the van. Bad decision. She was so fussy. Her bottom was sore. She cried for the last 15-20 minutes of our trip. I feel sorry for Charlotte Claire and Jonny when stuff like that happens, because they are being so good, and I like to enjoy things more. So, I should have just changed her. But I didn't.....

I got the kids each a little carton of chocolate or pink milk, and a 30cent bag of chips. So, it was fun. We came home and had some leftover soup for lunch, and put Camille to bed. Exciting, eh? Charlotte Claire was good in the store except when I let her out at the register to sit on the bench in front with Kathryn and Jon....and she took off to play with the outrageously expensive toy cell phones at a register a few down from me. ($2.98!).....I went and got her, and buckled her back into the cart. She didn't even fuss. I think she knew darn well she was being bad. And a stinky award goes to Wal-mart for stocking all the check-out aisles with those overpriced toy phones, just at toddler level.

Good night....

No comments: