summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

oh, where is my camera?

Have you every watched "VeggieTales", "Where is My Hairbrush?"......oh, where ohwhere, is my camera? Well, today I was walking on my walk, thinking again that it would be nice to take some pictures, and wondered again where my camera could be. Then I thought about Charlotte Claire, and how she likes to run away with things, and throw them where you can't reach....and I remembered! She threw my camera behind the couch! I haven't yet retrieved it, but I am pretty sure it is there.

I read a book to Jon today, and he really liked it. "Mooch The Messy", it is called. It was my mother's favorite story to read the kids. I thought how Jon was only 2 years old when she died. And how she would have liked it that I read Jon that story.....I know I say this alot, but I miss her so much. Is there a certain amount of time that will pass, and I won't feel that jolt like when I saw the toasted coconut marshallows on the shelf yesterday in Walmart? (she loved those)...Or when I see some old lady's hands gripping her cart, and I won't just long for her?

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

aww Della, i dont think it ever gets any easier, But i belive you can take comfort in knowing she is watching over you all ....

Cassandra xx

cheryl said...

I know what you mean about that jolt.. it happens all the time still. Maybe we should visit on one of these beautiful days before the snow flies? The view is quite nice up there, especially when the leaves change.