summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 18, 2008

uh oh, boys!

As you know by now, I have 11 daughters. They are all very good girls. I won't get into all the details right now, but my girls don't date. Never have. They believe (it isn't a rule, they have the choice, especially after they get older) in keeping themselves pure, fleeing youthful lusts, ect. So they don't have boyfriends....until or if they get engaged and married. But they do have boys for friends....and here is the story.....two little boys are visiting their Grampa down the street. One of them is in Evelyn's class. Evelyn is in 3rd grade, 9 years old. Now these boys are hanging around outside. Riding their bikes back and forth in front of the house. The girls came in all flushed and silly, and told us....as if we weren't keeping an eye on things.....they seemed surprised when I told them it was fine to talk to the boys, it was okay to have boys for friends...then I said, just NO kissing, and NO flirting. Sonja thought I said FARTING, and I don't really like that word, but they thought it was hilarious when I said, YES, you can fart. So, now they are out there making friends with these two boys.

Well, I have to go pick up some kids......

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

Aww how cute is that ;-)

Cassandra xx

holly said...

Just curious...do your boys date?

16 blessings'mom said...

Well Holly, the things written in the bible about fleeing youthful lusts, and keeping yourself pure apply to both boys and girls. They are taught and encouraged to take heed to these things, saving themselves many temptations and heartaches. One of my sons has decided to go his own way, and has had a girlfriend for a few years. He is almost 20. The other boys are 17, 15, 13, and 4. And no, they do not date.

holly said...

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with you about the reasons. My children don't date either, although I only have a 17 year old and an almost 15 year old that are even close to that age...I was just curious because you made the mention about your girls, but not the boys.

It is good that your oldest son has had the girlfriend for several years. That is the problem with dating, that it lends itself to short term...she may be the one he marries, no?

Renata said...

You're doing a great job!
That's so cute - hope they made some nice friends!

Dreaming Star said...

I would love to go shopping with you guy some time .lol