summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 7, 2009

aaah, saturday stretched before me

Mali Rose....she is 15 and I worry about her. I hugged her yesterday and told her to make good choices....please be good. She is so pretty and so quick to think everyone hates her. And all that other teenager stuff...pray for this girl, and for me too, that I can have the wisdom to know when to put my foot down and when to let things go.... Benjamin Paul with his only girlfriend, Rosie....Ben is going to be 21 next week...and he has broken up with his girlfriend of 4 or so years, this time for good, I think. I try not to say much, but.....they fought too much to be happy together.

Benjamin might be joining the Navy soon...wah, but it might be good for him. He wants to be a nurse. Which means being with the army in the war zones. Eeks, I won't even think about it.



Okay Mirielle, you can cry about this haircut dad gave Jonathan. Were his ears always this big?



Camille Anaya last night....her last day of being one year old....Mali came in and said, "Mom! You're taking pictures of her when she's crying!!" hee hee, I thought it was adorable....


She was crying for a very good reason. Charlotte Claire tried to give her a cup of ice water, and she wanted to get it herself. She can be very hard to please....they had just had a bath, and I let them run around the circle of the living room/kitchen for a while naked, then let them choose some jammies....






Charlotte Claire made a nice tower....right after this picture, Camille decided to join in the duplo play, and got hit with this very tower. Charlotte Claire had a timeout. And Camille, who doesn't quite get it, apologized to Charlotte Claire. Good thing they're so cute.
Today is CAMILLE ANAYA's happy birthday!!! She is still sleeping, which is nice, and mean of me to say...I do love her love her love her, but she is high maintenance. She is waking up right now.....the kids fight like crazy about who will get her from her little green bed....
I have a plan for today.....there was a coupon in the paper for 50% off at a new Chinese buffet that opened up in the area where my parents used to live. Last night I talked to one of our friends who has 8 kids, and she might go with me. I am going to call the restaurant first and make sure the coupon is good for 50% off the total bill, not just one person. (I have two coupons)....the kids are excited about the possiblity, so if it falls through, I will just have to think of plan B......
One thing I have learned these past few weeks....it is GREAT to have a Little Tikes picnic table in the living room. It is cozier and warmer in here, and they can eat their cereal at it and watch cartoons. Hey, you only live once...and childhood goes by sooo fast.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Camille!! :)
wow your baby is 2!!!

FLmom7 said...

Happy Birthday to Camille!

Grace said...

Congratulations on Camille's 2nd birthday.

Book Lover said...

Wow, Mali is really beautiful. I think Charlotte Claire really resembles her. I love Jon's haircut. His little ears are adorable!! Also, Rosie, OH MY GOODNESS!! How does your son pick him up like that? Isn't that the same kind of dog on "Shaggy Dog"? She looks real fun. haha

Kim Chrisman

PS: Hope Camille has a wonderful birthday.

mommeeof10 said...

We have an old beat up coffee table in the living room. The kids eat on it, jump off it, build one it, etc. They can have an indoor picnic in the cold weather while they are watching a good movie. When it is nice out, they like to take a picnic up to the clubhouse on top of the swingset. Some one taught the dog how to climb the ladder, so he goes up and grabs food. :)