summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 6, 2009

one thousand first post....

Jonathan Robert picked these pears up in the front yard from the ground, and put them in the bowl. He says they are still good. Actually, peeled, they aren't bad. I just think it is funny....one of the kids asked about it, and I said, "Oh, we aren't eating those, it is just for looks.." I decided to stay home where I belong today....so I made cookies.


The little girls wanted to help, so I let them put extra chocolate chips on the tops...






Camille took off her pajamas and put this jumper on. She thought the cookies were pretty good.



I found this in the living room...but I didn't have to clean it up, that's what Rosie is for. I know dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate, but I hope a little bit is okay.




Rosie the dog. (and our nice organized shoe shelf)


Yes, I have discovered how to fool the children into think they are helping: sprinkles! Just let them put sprinkles on, and they have helped. Extra chocolate chips, too. Those two little girls have been pretty good today. They colored, mostly on paper, although their hands are a bit blue. They played dollies and house and ate Halloween candy. I played house too, I straightened up the movies and dvds, did two loads of laundry, cleaned under my chair, swept and cleaned the living room cleaned the kitchen and did the dishwasher, washed pans, and made cookies.
I was thinking today about my previous post, the thousandth. Specifically about the marriage paragraph. And I repent for being a know-it-all about it. I have been truly blessed, that's all there is to it. I realize there are different situations out there, and people have issues and everything isn't alway hunky-dory (does anyone say THAT anymore? My kids are always teasing me for the expressions I use, ones I got from my parents...how about the heebie-jeebies?...never mind, I do get side-tracked). Anyway it isn't really my way or the highway. I just think that if young people were taught to respect marriage and learn from their childhood that marriage is a forever thing, and to be careful about entering in to it lightly.....things would be better in this world. If kids were taught to take heed to themselves, not to blame other people for everything.....
Anyway....I have had a good day. My second trip kids are coming home soon, and the pizza dough is rising in the oven. My break seemed too short today. I just had the thought that if I had a nursing baby, I wouldn't get any breaks at all...but I would take that in a minute....oh, a warm fuzzy newborn to snuggle and nurse....at least I don't have any regrets, when I had my babies I held them and snuggled them all day and night....





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camille is just too cute!

Also I don't think you are a know-it-all. Your advices on marraige are very good. Not everyone can say they stayed married for ...years and raised 16 kids together. I think your advices are really valuable, and whoever don't want them can skip the reading. Thanks for sharing your tips :)

Handsfullmom said...

I sure love your blog! I wonder if I should get a dog so I don't have to sweep so much? =)

Anonymous said...

yup, we to use those funny words,thingamajig,oddles,hokeypokey to name a few--your blog was passed on to me from my friend who has 9 kids- I have 4..I love to read yours, you are so bubbly and your stories make me laugh, smile,etc..all the best!!

Book Lover said...

I agree with TL. I love your marriage advice!! You are obviously doing something right. That Camille is sooo cute. If I had her, I would get nothing done all day but playing dollies and house. That baby is simply adorable.

Blessings

Kim Chrisman

M said...

I love your family. I really think I do. <3 They are all so very special and you as well.

I haven't read your know it all post but I bet you know a lot more than you give yourself credit for.

And cod how I love the pics of your peeps and your home and your world.

Seriously could you give me 1/8 of your motivation because I want cookies but baking them sounds entirely too complex. ;)

16 blessings'mom said...

Thanks you guys for the nice comments. And Kim, when you said that about Camille, I decided to spend more time playing with her and Charlotte Claire during the day....they are way "funner" than doing housework anyway.

mommeeof10 said...

The teenagers can do the housework, though maybe not to your standards.Thats what hubby tells me, anyway. I find that when I am home fromwork, they tend to slack off on the chores, as I will do them if I get annoyed by the mess.