summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 8, 2009

birthday party....

Happy birthday party Camille! Yes, we use Christmas paper all year round.. The kids wrapped the presents, so they decided to put some pretty side out. We usually use it backwards and decorate them with markers. Joseph had the unenviable job of taking the rest of the chicken off the three chickens....and Rosie wanted to help.


getting ready for cake....

Sonja had a blanket, but it wasn't cold in here...it was quite warm.




She blew out the candles, and was so thrilled with herself....she really liked her birthday song.









I took the shortcut of two boxes of cakemix. I made a half sheet, then a tart pan....and then I mixed up some buttercream frosting...and here is the hard part: I let Margaret and Kathryn do the rest....they made butterflies on it because Camille loves butterflies. It was so for me to let them do it because :
1. I love decorating cakes.
2. I am very serious about decorating cakes.
3. Watching them do it was torture...
but I survived, and they had fun. And it turned out fine.

We finally made our reservations for our vacation!!! Jamaica it is! I am so excited. But that excitement is so mixed with guilt it isn't funny. Jon is STILL hopeful we might take him. Aaron and Mali want to go, too. Oh well...





5 comments:

Tereza said...

Happy birthday to the baby:)
Sweet that the kids decorated the cake...it makes itmore special when they can be involved and think of the borthday sibling in this way! good for you for stepping back eventhough it's hard!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for booking your holiday! :) Must be needed. I always love it when we even get a day away. It's so special to have the time to just be a couple now and then.
I think the birthday cake turned out really sweet. I can understand the control issues, though. Oh dear! I think I would have felt the need to go elsewhere until it was done. :) Happy birthday to Camille!

AUTISMOMMA said...

I haven't even read this post yet. Just wanted to tell you that I am very behind on reading your posts and I'm such a goob that I am relishing the thought and looking forward to the first chance I get to get caught up.....like when I have a book to read that I've been waiting on for a LONG time at the library. LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats on deciding for your holidays!! Enjoy your time there..

M said...

So I wanna know the story behind using Christmas Paper year round. Also? W!T!G! letting go of the cake thing. I'm crazy obsessive with cakes now and either *I* intentionally make it a distaster and whatever cut anv eat or it's a multi hour ridiculous ordeal. <3

And look at that sweet big bday girl.

And happy freaking JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!