summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 9, 2009

I am happy today!!!

No, I am not pregnant. If that were the case, the title would have a bit stronger than just "happy". No, today I am happy because I am going to breakfast with two of my friends. They asked me yesterday if I wanted to go, and I didn't hesitate to say yes. Then I checked with Abigail, and she said she would watch the two little girls, and I asked Joseph and he said he would help and be back-up just in case Abigail had a headache.

Then, I almost thought I wouldn't be able to go....I don't know if it was the party and the noise or the chaos of booking our vacation (the site booked the wrong one, and we had to call and cancel and pay a cancellation fee, then book the right one...and a few other things we were mixed up about....and the internet kept turning off, and when it was going, it was going sloooow.) Anyway, I went to bed with a headache. I thought it would go away, but when Paul woke up at 3:45 to take his dad to the airport, I was in agony with one of those real pounders. I got up and took three ibuprofen, and bided my time until they kicked in....so I thought I would not be able to go....but I feel okay. I feel better about going to breakfast with my friends than staying home and cleaning....! Although I do feel sad leaving the little girls. Even though they are fine here with the older ones....

So, I have the after-headache yucky-feeling, but other than that, I am happy.

I am glad that I am not at the mercy of my feelings though! Yesterday, something happened that made me feel awful. Poor, poor me. And the thoughts that come with that feeling? Oh, nobody likes me everybody hates me.....in those times, I have to just hold out, and recognize that the thoughts are wrong. Yesterday, I prayed to God, "Please don't let me become bitter here, Dear Lord".....Feelings are not truth.

I am supposed to be out the door in fifteen minutes. I SHOULD be cleaning up quick before I go.

Today it is supposed to be warm and sunny here in the northeast....almost 70 degrees! Oh, it feels so so nice! And the kids are in jail today, I mean school. I promised to pick them up early, at two o'clock. If they took the bus, the second trip kids would get home after four, and then it gets dark within a few hours, and it is just a waste of a beautiful day. So I wrote on their notes that they had an appointment. They do. An appointment with me to sit outside and go in the hottub if Joseph gets it filled today.

Well, I should start thinking about getting up and brushing my long tangly hair. Miss Charlotte Claire is benefitting from her Mommy's laziness this morning. I told her she could have a little bit of birthday cake. She cut it herself, and is sitting there at the kitchen table in her own little world, pretending no doubt that she is big. I promised the kids I would make sure there was some when they get home, that means I need to keep my hands off it. Chocolate cake with homemade buttercream frosting....way way too good. I have to think about Jamaica, and how I have to lose like 50 pounds in just a few short weeks. Like I haven't known for months now that we were probably going. Oh well.

Abigail is up, and I really need to move it move it.

1 comment:

M said...

I'm sorry you had a poor me. If you ever need someone to commiserate with I'm the queen of the woe is me...and the bounce back afterwards to reality as I'm not good at poor me for too long and it seems neither are you. <3