summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 27, 2009

oh my never shop when you're tired...

So after my two hour nap in which I hardly slept, we headed to the dreaded Walmart. Ours is a superstore which is open 24 hours, so we went in around 4:15 and got a few things price-matched from another ad, which the people behind us in line just LOVE. Joseph went off seeking something to spend his recently earned money on, which is a secret. I lost Aaron and Mali, then sent Mirielle off to get a few things. I was too bored just to stand there, and honestly it was too hard to see people getting all the good stuff while I stood there. So I entered the crowd and inched my way to some very nice cheap dolls....and I got the thing for Jon I had wanted to get and something for the little girls, and a few more things, then my cart was full. My policy is to retain my dignity while not judging others for not maintaining theirs. Oh, but I did get irritated at the lady who walked by talking on her cell phone, banging her cart into everyone and nudging her way through, loudly exclaiming, "These people in here are just awful, it is horrible in here!" EXCUSE ME? But since I did want to trip her, I am just as bad. I did get stuck for a while, but I managed to stand on tippy-toes and spot Mirielle. I yelled for her, she had been looking all over for me. Good thing I wasn't just standing there waiting for her to bring loads of goodies because she was empty handed. We picked out a few $2 movies, and made our way to the register. The line was rather short, especially since the lady in front of us let us go ahead since she was waiting for someone. We stopped quickly at Mcdonalds. We had very little cash between us, but we needed coffee. We decided to get two larges and share. We also got the two for $3 breakfast sandwiches, and split those too. We ran into RadioShack and got something very very fun for the kids which I cannot say. Then off to Target. There were still some good things left there, then on to Kmart. I actually got what I wanted to get there, too. And I made good friends with a lady who was being too kind to reach and grab what I was reaching for so I started talking to her, and we shared what was left on the shelf. Because that is what it is all about.

Now I have to write down what I got for everyone before I forget. I am not actually done yet, as I don't have anything for a few of the older ones.

I am regretting going shopping while so tired. After our final stop, a quick trip into the grocery store for two gallons of milk, a loaf of bread, a bag of apples and a dozen donuts, we were more than ready to go home. We of course had to have a donut for the way home, and Mali made a chocolate mustache, so I made one too. Joseph snapped my picture. I do not know where that picture will show up, and I am a bit nervous. They are brats, I think they set me up.

We didn't bring anything in yet, I just hope I can somehow get it in and hide it and wrap it without them finding out any secrets. It is a lot of work, but it IS fun.

Well, I am going to try to sneak in a tanning trip. Even though I burned my tummy. This time I will cover it up, what was I thinking? THAT should be the name of my blog. "WHAT WAS I THINKING."

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I only ventured out to a small local store for a dog bed...I am a wimp:)