summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 27, 2009

THREE o'clock in the morning???

We are going shopping this morning. Shopping for bargains. Insanity. But oh-so-much-fun. Joseph and Aaron and Mali and Mirielle are going with me. I thought we were leaving at four, but Mali thought I said THREE, so here I am. I could not go back to bed, as it was hard enough to go to sleep the first time. I only just went to bed at one, so I am deleriously tired, and I don't think I spelled that right, but it IS the right word.

My mindset for this shopping trip is to get some good things for Christmas. I have the attitude that if I get the things on my list, great, but if I don't, then fine. But human nature being what it is, I do find that it is easy to get drawn into a bad spirit during the craziness. Of course I do NOT want to do that. I revel in the goodness that is present in some people, and I truly try to remain that way myself. I do not want to shove back or get greedy. And honestly I do have a small bit of fear of trampling or being hurt by the awful shoving of carts. I usually park with the cart, and Abigial or whoever is with me goes and gets stuff. I hope it is peaceful this year. I mean, it is just STUFF. Good priced stuff, but still just STUFF.

We are going to Walmart, then maybe RadioShack, then on to Target. Then maybe Kmart. And some breakfast in there somewhere. Aaron and Mali just had grilled cheese, I do not know how they can eat at this hour. I am bring a turkey sandwich to eat in a few hours.

2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

It's 0430, and I am a police dispatcher... One of my officers just told me that he estimates there are over 700 people lined up outside the Mall of America (I work for that city's 911 center)... We have a Toys-R-Us and the checkout line wraps around the inside of the store. Herbergers had a line that wrapped around the outside of the building before they opened their doors....

And me?? I'd give just about anything to be home... asleep in my bed!!

Good luck with your shopping trip!

Piper Paradise said...

We lined up at Walmart at 10:00 last night - yep 10:00!!!!! I was in the company of my sis and my niece. It was a nice to remember, as we had never don this before. And probably won't again :-) Hope you enjoyed your shopping.