summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 16, 2009

ahh, another monday....

Filled with things to take care of:

1. Call the insurance company. We are pretty sure Mirielle has collision on the car.

2. Call the garbage guys. They left 4 cans of trash behind with a note last week that said we had exceeded our garbage limit.

3. Call the library and find out why we owe $142 in late fees.

4. Call the Torrington Police Department in Connecticut and find out if they are truly going to watch the security tapes from the bank which the "assault" happened in front of.

5. Call and find out if I can get a replacement foot pedal for my sewing machine.

6. Help/encourage Benjamin to get a few traffic tickets straightened out.

7. Call and see how much it is to go tanning a few times. (Not for vanity, ha, just so I don't get too burnt....that's what I'm telling myself anyway....)

I won't even get into what I have to do around here.......except to say that my curtains arrived back from the cleaning people on Saturday(and now I have 7 pair of curtains to hang up)....along with a whole ton of other clothes that I didn't even miss. The good thing is that they are things the boys outgrew, and they will be too old by the time Jon gets that big, and we have friends with boys....

The more I think about how the police officer acted regarding Mirielle's experience, the more I want to slap him. Okay, she should have called the cops on Saturday night when it happened. But apparently they (she had another girl with her) were terrified. The guy hit them, then pulled right up next to them and glared at Mirielle, then smashed right into them again. She then just took off ....she still SHOULD have called 911, but they were scared....and they didn't have a good description of the car. Mirielle has a good description of the guy, but the officer of the law was only interested in the car. The officer actually told me that he should give Mirielle a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. But good sir, this was no accident. It was an attack. Hopefully it was in full view of the bank camera.......

So we went down and picked Mirielle up. She had said her goodbyes and was ready to come home, and was stuck there with a car that wouldn't drive....(I think the rear axel is bent, because I AM a mechanic). We had way too much fun. Aaron got directions online, but he followed the roadmap instead, as it made more sense. He is an excellent navigator.

It is already good to have Mirielle home.....she has a load of dark clothes going and is giving Charlotte Claire some breakfast.......(she just told Mirielle that we have a bench to sit on that is huge, and Mirielle told her she knows, she hasn't been gone THAT long).....

4 comments:

FLmom7 said...

I'm glad Mirielle is safe at home now. Hope you enjoy having her back. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope they get it on the camera, that would really help!! I still can't believe how crazy some guys are!!

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure there is not collision on that car, but we might be lucky.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that car does not have collision on it, but maybe we will all be lucky...