summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

stay home, ha!

I just can't seem to stay home. Today, I found a little surprise in Suzanne's hair. The good thing is that I found only ONE. Not even one nit. I looked and looked. But I treated her anyway. And I decided to wash everyone's bedding. The washer had already "F-20'd" the load with Jon's bedding, so I did what any mom who really wanted to stay home and bake does: I went to the laundry mat. I made Benjamin come with me. He was extremely helpful, carrying out all the baskets into the laundrymat, and he even went over to the gas station and got me a large coffee. It was nice to spend some time with him. Now their bedding is all clean, most of their coats, and all the towels. I called the dr. and got some prescription shampoo, which Paul picked up. Tonight I am going to wash all the girls hair with the special shampoo, just in case. This has been an extremely mild case so far, and I really want to keep it from spreading. Abigail vacuumed the furniture today, and we washed the couch cover.

I feel dizzy from checking and re-checking hair. I do not like this, not one little bit.

Dinner is in the oven, roasted red potatoes and chicken breasts marinated in Southwest sauce. I just have to make a veggie, Sam already set the table.

So I didn't get to bake today, or take a nap, or fill the hot tub. But here I am, alive and well.

And it is getting time to get that dinner on the table.

7 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

I hate it when that happens. Sometimes it is worth the money to take everything to the laundrymat just to get it all clean at once.

Anonymous said...

well I think you won't regret one day of active prevention, instead of weeks of struggling against the invasion.. But really hot tub sounds wonderful, I hope you get around to it tomorrow.

Martha said...

#4 I am thankful for laundromats! Especially when unexpected guests arrive on the scalp of an unsuspecting child. (I did that once or twice too.)

Renata said...

So far we haven't had that problem - yet - I'm sure it will come! You did well doing all that laundry!

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, I took all the bedding to the laundrymat, then I got home and kicked myself, I should have taken the darks and the lights, too! Oh well....I'm pretty sure there won't be lights and sirens and balloons and confetti when ALL the laundry gets done someday...but I probably won't ever find out, either.

I did treat the girls tonight, even though the dr. said only if we found something. But what if there was something hidden? I made a game of it, we sang songs and fooled around. Hopefully I have done everything I could possibly do, and they will stay gone....

FLmom7 said...

I have been lucky so far, we have never had to deal with those little critters, but you have my sympathies! Hope they're all gone now and no more pop up!

Joni said...

The hardest thing, I think, is the keep-them-gone thing. You work so hard at home and then one of your kids might sit smack next to someone on the bus who happens to have those crawling things (unsuspected, perhaps.) Or they hang their jacket next to one with a bug or two. Our school in Mn has a great system where all the kids have their own locker with a door (even in kindergarten) - but when they go from recess straight to lunch, they have to hang their jacket on a double hook with another kids jacket. I know you can only do so much .... and sorry, I shouldn't be reminding you how easily they can come. One mom had had such an issue, she literally had her kids come home, put jackets into a hot dryer, change clothes, kept hair short or in french braids ...

I know, I talk too much! :-) Have a nice day!