summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 20, 2009

lazy afternoon....

I should take more pictures. I should do alot of things. But today, I just took a nap. It wasn't really a nap, I just rested with Camille. I fell asleep a million times while she sang and put her fingers up my nose. She had slept in this morning 'til eleven, so I didn't want to put her in for a real nap. Charlotte Claire was tired, so she had gone willingly in for an afternoon crib visit. The kids were playing nicely, so I thought I would take a break....and it was pleasant. Camille is such a sweetie, even if she didn't go to sleep.

I got up and made a quick meatloaf, then cut up a five pound bag of potatoes, added mini carrots (cheat-y carrots), covered it with olive oil and salt and pepper in a glass dish, and put that in. When I make my meatloaf, especially when it goes in after 4pm, I section it off in the pan as if it is 6 or 8 smaller pieces. It cooks through lots quicker.

The kids have gotten along quite well today for having a day off. When I got home from parent conferences, Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne were having lunch in the woods, where they were building a fort. Samuel was so nicely playing army men with Jon, and the little girls were just playing dollies and princesses. The kids have built a fort on the top bunk. It is a sheet that is tacked into the ceiling with like 100 tacks. They have played in there for most of the day.

I am struggling with something....all day, I wondered if I shared too much about that red car. I am not going to delete the post or anything, but.....I am wondering.

Well, Rosie the stinkbomb had a nice bath today and I haven't brushed her yet.......

5 comments:

rachel said...

In relation to the red car, could you and the older family members all pitch in and get it for Jon for his birthday, or for Christmas? That way Jon would get his car and it wouldn't be up to you and Paul to pay for the whole gift. It would probably add to the uniqueness of the gift if he knew that everyone gave a little bit of their money to help buy it for him. Just an idea... :)

Anonymous said...

I appreciated your story about the red car... I don't know if that's what you want to hear or not. I'm in such a foul mood tonight and there is no good reason for it. I guess it's hormones and a whole lot of flesh. Your story reminded me that we're all in the same battle, even if our situations are different... (for what it's worth)

Piper Paradise said...

I appreciate your comment about the red car. We struggle with the same thing over here and have had almost exact conversations!!! I just felt so not alone reading that you have similar conflicts, issues or whatever you call them with your husband.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that your honesty did encourage me that it's not just me who gets disappointed about such issues. I'm not saying you should lay bare your innermost feelings or issues with paul but little snippets like these do help someone like me to not feel so alone or strange. Thanks again.

AUTISMOMMA said...

I don't think you shared too much about the car. No one thinks any less of you or Paul.

Just out of curiosity, how much ground meat goes into a meatloaf for a family of your size? My meatloaf recipe is 1.5 lbs of meat plus the eggs and other stuff. It feeds our family of two adults and two children for only two meals. Granted, we turn into gluttonous carnivores when I make meatloaf and I know it should go farther for us than it does. However, it's one of my favorite meals and I don't know when to stop once I get started. So anyway, back to the original question...if you don't mind sharing, of course.