summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

9 kids off the bus

This is blurry, but it is Aaron, Mali, Mirielle, (wow she's short), Joseph, and Samuel.....when Aaron, Mali, and Sam got home from school. Mirielle is popular because 1. She is nice. , 2. She makes good things for the kids to eat....
Joseph with Elmo on his head.

Kathryn peeking behind Margaret, not wanting her picture taken.
And Joseph...he won't like this, but how could I resist?





Charlotte Claire and I....resting after a long day of shopping.


Camille reading the brochure that came with their new doctor kit.





























Abigail in Walmart with Camille, and Charlotte Claire in the cart....




Today I WAS going to stay home. But then Abigail came over, again, and asked me if I got her text last night. Well, no, I didn't. She was going to drive Mirielle to college in the small city, did I want to come along on some errands? Of course! I had one half hour to get us ready. Luckily I had just washed my long tangly hair. I got ready speedy-quick. As we pulled out of the driveway, I checked and yes, we had brought drinks for the girls, but no, we forgot their breakfast. oops.....so, I did what any horrible mother would do: I went through the TimHorten's drivethrough and bought two sausage muffins (with a coupon, of course), and a large coffee (of course), and 40 Timbits (of course). We had dropped Mirielle off at college, and then on to Walmart we went. There were lots of things on clearance, so I got lots of things. Jeans for Jon, two zippered sweatshirts for $3 each for next year, some $2 shirts for the girls, and the cutest jumpers for Charlotte Claire and Camille for $2 each, with shirts! And yes, they NEEDED them, ha. I let the little girls get a FisherPrice Doctor Kit to share, with their Christmas money, because they love playing doctor. They were pretty awful in the store today, mostly Camille. It is hilarious because one would think I would know how to teach small children to behave in the store by now. I seem to have gone backwards. Am I the same woman who scoffed at those rebellious two-year olds several years ago? I wouldn't have put up with it then, because I COULDN'T! When I had a child who was over two, I most likely also had a one year old and was ready to have another one. Anyway, Camille wanted to walk. Okay, fine and dandy, walk and hold my hand or hold on to the cart.....well, she ran away from Abigail twice, so I put her back in the cart. In the front, buckled....and she did not like that one little bit. She wanted to walk again, and I made her promise to be good this time. Well, she fooled me again. She wasn't too bad, but two year olds are interested in more things than even their dawdly mother is. At least at the register Abigail took them to sit on the bench in front, so they didn't touch all the candy I was not going to buy.
We then stopped at the bank, and to the gas station to put air in the tires. Abigail is the owner of a 1994 Buick, so she knows all about putting air in tires. So we pulled in to the air machine, figured out how it worked, how much air we should put in, and Mr. "I AM FUNNY", who drove a huge gas truck, pulled in behind us and had to put cones all down and check the gas levels in the tanks, and was for some reason extremely amused at Abigail and I. He helped us reach the air hose to the other side of the van, and all I can say is he must have a pretty boring life, either that or he is easily entertained. I think he parked like that on purpose, just so he could laugh his head off when I had to back up the 15 passenger van between his truck and the orange cones.....
So, home again home again jiggity jig....Paul, Joseph, Emily, Abigail, Mirielle, and Joseph went to the dome. (hey, the Syracuse Orange Men's College Basketball Team is ranked #1 in the NATION!!!) They are playing St. Johns tonight, and our church is doing on last basketball season fundraiser, pouring beer, ironically. Paul called me this afternoon and said they needed one more person, could I come along? I said I would rather not leave all the kids here with Aaron and Mali for the afternoon/evening. I promised them last night that I would be home today....and we are having a "no computer/no television afternoon, which I am violating bigtime...so on that note, I need to get moving...again.









No comments: