summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 29, 2010

monday morning at my house

Who actually felt like going to school today? Evelyn didn't, but she is mature enough at ten years old to want to do well in school, she was showing me some of her papers this morning, and she does very well. Suzanne....oh, poor Suze. She did NOT feel well....she doesn't like school, so she has herself very convinced that she doesn't feel well. I sent her anyway. Sonja didn't want to go either. When I said Jon could stay home for his cough, which is legit, they all tried their coughs, but ...nah, they are fine. It is a fine line I walk, getting them out the door, my school-scoffers.....I can't be too rough or they will cry, and how can I send a crying child out the door? But I do have to put my foot down or they would stay here every day. I personally think they could get a decent education just going 3 or 4 times a week, but I do not want to be a pain in the neck to the teachers....well, not too much of a pain anyway....

So 8 our of 9 isn't bad......

Mirielle is going to college in a bit, she is having her orange and her oatmeal.....Benjamin is going to talk to the recruiter today, again, with a friend who gets his rank upped if he gets five guys to sign up.....wah.

Joseph is here, no work today. Abigail has no work today, maybe she will come over to visit.

I absolutely love the cold rainy days of March. They are dreary and miserable and comfy. But nice weather is coming, into the seventies and sunny this weekend! Our kids will want to fill up the little pool......

I can't wait to fill the Easter baskets. It is one of my favorite things to do. I will probably still fill baskets for Emily and Abigail, small ones anyway. I am wondering if I have enough stuff. Even two bags of something, spread out into 16 baskets, isn't much. But the older older kids don't need as much, nor do the two littler girls. In fact it is nightmarish to think of those two with all that candy...I will have to clear off the top of the refridgerator so I can put them up there out of reach....

Jonathan is walking around in Sonja's robe, gathering up things so he can write some notes and stories. He has learned alot in kindergarten. And, he is as happy as can be to be home today.

It is becoming obvious that I don't have much to say this morning....I guess I can't help looking around here and seeing how much needs to be done, again....

5 comments:

true blessings said...

Amen to that last sentence!

Martha said...

My mom used to put a jar of pickles or a can of potato stix, or something like that, in our Easter baskets. It was fun to find something other than candy in our baskets.

16 blessings'mom said...

Amen to the fact that it's obvious I have nothing to say?...or that there is plenty around here to do?

Martha, I think that's a great idea....

true blessings said...

LOL you made me laugh ,about you thinking I would say amen to you not having anything to say,however I meant the having plenty to do..I love it when you have a lot to say! Keep it up!LOL

cheryl said...

I say amen to her having nothing to say!! (You know I am absolutely not serious!!) Martha, that is a very good idea.. my girls told me they only want peanut butter eggs this year, but potato stix or pickles would probably be their favorites!!! Or even a can of olives. They tend to be a bit strange.