We are supposed to go out to dinner tonight. But Aaron is being inducted into National Honor Society, and even though we have "been there, done that" with lots of the other kids, we have to go for Aaron.....and tomorrow night is cleaning, Thursday is youth meeting, Friday is activity club, Saturday is a concession at the Carrier Dome.....anyway, today is our 26th anniversary. We were married on March 9th, 1984. I graduated from high school in 1983, the same year Paul graduated from college. We were both working, me at an insurance agency downtown (I worked there for a year with my Uncle Jerry's wife, and got to know her quite well), and Paul worked at a small telephone company (his father owned it). We knew we were getting married, but hadn't set a date yet. Paul had lots of student loans, and we were saving up money. Then after a church conference weekend he went on, he came home on Sunday and called me: and asked me if we could get married next week! I never have been able to resist him, so I said YES. We were married 5 days later, on Friday evening, at his parents home, with a justice of the peace officiating. It was very short and sweet, with cake and coffee and just family and close friends. (Two weeks later we had a church feast, and also a reception with his family). I have never regretted missing out on the big huge wedding. Well, to be truthful, I have had a few wistful thoughts, but I don't think I missed out on much. But one thing I have never regretted is marrying Paul. I seriously love him more and more and more, it is just unbelievable. So, now to honor him and the blessing that our marriage has been, just a few things about Paul....
1. I think he's beautiful. (he is so gonna kill me, not really but....). When I first saw him that night in 1982, January 2nd to be exact, I was smitten. He was really really cute. I picked him out, then when my cousin saw that his shirt tag was sticking out, she dared me to go tuck it in...and I tell my kids that they are all here on earth because I accepted that dare.....
2. He eats healthily, (is "healthily" a word??), works out several times a week, and is still in excellent shape.
3. He used to talk like Cookie Monster when we first met, to make me laugh.
4. He insists that Charlotte Claire and Camille are our cutest and sweetest kids. (and he would really really like another baby...)
5. He does his own laundry.
6. Music. He loves music. He plays guitar, both electric and acoustic. Dream Theatre, Queen, Rush, IronMaiden to name a few. He is also the music leader at church, and plays guitar there every Sunday.
7. It is hard for him to sit still. He is fidgety.
8. He never complains. This is not his natural personality, but rather the outcome of believing that God sends the very best for him.
9. This one should be first, but he loves God and seeks His kingdom first. This does not mean he is rule oriented or strict, but actually flexible and longsuffering.
10. He is a giver. He has worked faithfully all these years, and taken good care of us all here.
11. He does not like dressing up, to him a neat pair of jeans and a button down shirt is dressy. When we have a wedding at church, he would rather work in the kitchen.
12. He doesn't mind making dinner, but he tends to make spaghetti.
13. He likes when we have vegetable based meals, like fajitas and taco salad.
14. He loves the Adirondacks, and has climbed lots of the high peaks. No, not with me. ha.
Abigail is on her way over. She and Joseph have to do a few things in the small city, and would we like to go? hmm. I shouldn't. But....
All Camille has on is a diaper, socks, and sunglasses. Suzanne didn't go to school today, headache, and is cuddled up on the couch with Charlotte Claire watching, "Little Brown Bear"....oh, life is good.