summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

nice day....

Our company is here. I made some nice breakfast, cinnamon rolls (the cheat-y ones), biscuits (the cheat-y ones), and scrambled eggs. And coffee and orange juice.

I let Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan skip school. And Abigail and Joseph got a call that they didn't need to work today, so we had a full house. Abigail figured out that we had 21 people here last night for the night. Anyway, we packed up in the big van and went to a nice park on a nice lake. We stopped and got 5 LittleCesaers pizzas, $3.99 (customer appreciation day)(and THIS customer sure appreciated it!), and drove by the big prison in the small city. I guess in Norway they don't have maximum security prisons in their cities. We are home now, Camille is napping, Rosie is in her cage having a time-out from barking at and smelling the guests, and the kids are outside playing baseball. Abigail, Mirielle, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, who is not playing baseball, just riding ride-ons, and the guests, Tor-Henning, Ider, Stine, and Caroline. Mali and Sam are not home from school yet.

It is warm here today, 60 degrees, and sunny, just beautiful. It is so wonderfully delicious after that long winter...but, it ain't over yet, we are supposed to get more snow next week. wah. The only good thing about that is that we will be able to use the new mittens I got for 75% off.

It is not quiet and uneventful here right now, kids are coming in and out. Mali and Sam are home from school, and Mali is glad that her luggage came today from the FexEx man. We are having grilled burgers and hot dogs and coneys for dinner. And tossed salad, and chips, and Coke. Does that seem American enough?

I could seriously take a huge nap right now.....but I won't. This rest right now is good enough to arm me for the dinner-making-serving-cleanup.

I am thinking of making some chocolate chip cookies for dessert......

3 comments:

Tereza said...

sounds like the kids are having a blast:) and I'm tired just reading it!

Sherah said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Tereza and I were thinking how cool it would be to meet you some day while we were at the Sister's Weekend at Macleay. I thought of you today as I hugged and kissed my baby - you always make me remember to give her extra love every time you say you'd receive another baby in a heartbeat. They are SO precious and yet sometimes we can lose sight of that in the midst of multiples in diapers, etc. Have a good night!

Melissa said...

wow, big and beautiful family!