summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

goodbye to uncle jerry....

he passed away this morning. I am glad I went to visit him on Monday, but I wish I had gone again. I am also glad he went quickly and so the suffering didn't go on and on. I also have talked to one of my aunts, and she is quite sad about losing another brother.

I had to go pick Suzanne up at school today at lunchtime. She didn't feel well. Her head hurt. Rats, I was in the middle of cleaning things up and was accomplishing alot, but oh well. I got dressed in bye-bye clothes, brushed my long tangly hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and went to get her. She seemed fine to me, but came home and rested on the couch. I wasn't thrilled that I had lost almost an hour of getting-things-done-time, with the little girls playing happily and all....but....anyway, she did not want to stay home with Joseph, she wanted to go with us to the airport. She said she felt better. Then she 'fessed up and told me she didn't feel sick at all at school, she just wanted to come home. I thanked her for telling me the truth, and I let her come with us because I am wimpy, and I like her with me. But I DID tell her that it is a pain to go to school to get her, so not to do that to me again unless she really is sick. And to not be surprised if I don't believe her next time.

Today we went to the airport. I brought lots of kids, and first we stopped at that bakery. I do not know why I didn't have my camera with me. Sonja wanted a St.Patricks' decorated cupcake, then she decided on a green/white frosted halfmoon cookie, Jon picked a chocolate one with chocolate and vanilla frosting, and the others picked donuts. I just bought a dozen of donuts ($6), and a dozen cookies ($6). I had a lemon headlight, and one bite of the green/vanilla halfmoon that Charlotte Claire didn't want to finish. I took just the one bite, and passed it back to the other kids. (I find it hilarious when someone doesn't want something, and like five kids put dibs on it) We dropped the girls off at the airport, and decided to go to the grocery store, again. They got balloons, so we looked like a parade. Evelyn decided she wanted her own cart, and she went around getting things for me. Mirielle also had her own cart, and bought lots of good things with coupons. The kids were getting hungry for dinner, so I bought some sliced turkey and ham, and fresh rolls from the bakery, a few bags of cheddar cheese popcorn, and a case of water for the ride home. Well, we started putting the groceries away and forgot to look for the meat and couldn't find it, so we decided to go the McDonalds drive-through just for some $1 burgers or chicken sandwiches. They also ate yogurt on the way home, and it was so nice not to come home with groceries AND make dinner.

We put away the groceries, and Paul left with Joseph and Aaron to clean at church, then it was give-the-kids-showers-time, and then read stories to Jon time, and now everyone is clean and fed and tired, and it is almost time to tuck them in. Sometimes I wish the day was longer, but I am tired enough. Rosie still has energy though, she is walking around with a shoebox in her mouth, trying to give it to someone. She will play fetch with anything.

I am going to talk to them and read some more stories and tuck them in.....

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry for your uncle's passing, but so grateful that you got to visit him and that he didn't suffer. What a blessing to him and to you that you were able to visit.

true blessings said...

Iam sorry about your uncle,great thing you visited with him and I'm sure y'all made him feel loved~

Martha said...

Too many good byes this year... So sorry.

Cassandra said...

RIP uncle Jerry, I am sorry Della, but you were good to visit him and give him some happiness before he passed...


Cassandra xx