summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

saying goodbye....

That was hard. We said goodbye to our Norwegian friends, or our "Norskies", as we affectionately referred to them as. I let Jonathan stay home from school today because he hadn't been able to spend much time with them lately, and they were leaving at noon today. It is astounding to me how it can be so sad to say goodbye, I feel like I have known them forever. I sincerely hope they will come back someday. And I know when my kids visit over there, there will be happy reunions. And, there IS facebook.

Well there must be power in the uniform. Benjamin racked up several college credits, three semesters worth, and couldn't get his transcripts because he didn't give adequate notice that he was leaving the college....even though he hadn't registered for classes, and even though they rented his dorm room to someone else, they wanted to charge him. He already had paid for tuition at a different college, and tried to reason with them...but they insisted he pay $3000 or he couldn't have his grades...well, Mr. Army Guy got them in one visit.

Camille is playing in the dog cage, Charlotte Claire is cuddled up to me....and Kathryn, who skipped school because there was a bowling field trip (and she wanted to say goodbye to our friends), is doing the dishwasher. I am rather tired....I could take a huge nap today, and maybe I will! I could lie down with the two youngest, and cuddle up with some books...ahh, that sounds so nice.

Jon just scared me, he asked if 101.2 is a good temperature or bad...yikes, but he has a toy thermometer from the Fisher-Price Doctor Kit. phew.

Charlotte Claire actually feels warm, and she is stuck to me like glue right now...hmm. Jon is searching for the real thermometer. Yay, it was where it was supposed to be....and her temperature is 101.8. hmm. She is sick. I didn't even know, but her head is on my shoulder and it is HOT. poor sweetie. And Camille is stinky.....I don't want to get up...but if I don't, she will change herself. And with poopies involved, nah. I am getting up...

2 comments:

Darla said...

Isn't it funny how, no matter how tired of the poopys you are, something motivates you to just get up and do one more...either a child who will change herself or one that is so active you know their activity alone will result in a fair amount of that stuff squeezing itself up their back or down their legs if you don't get on it fast! :)

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Hope Charlotte Claire feels better very soon, poor thing.