summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 6, 2010

flower girl!

Camille Anaya is a flower girl, but not THE flower girl....Charlotte Claire is going to be the flower girl for our friends', Esther and Tim, who are getting married in May. Here Camille is with her daffodils.




Charlotte Claire and Camille last night, playing fishing game and trying on their new $1 hats from Target. Today I went shopping with my friend Esther, and her Mom, and Charlotte Claire. We picked out the dress for C. C., (oh, she was so cute trying them on, but I didn't want to take any pictures and ruin things for Esther)...then we bought shoes at Target, and went into Walmart for a few things. What a day. I got home here and swept up and vacuumed and picked up a few things, and finally took a break. But Jonathan and Sonja just got back from spending some time at a friend's house, and they are both acting up. They want Poptarts, and NO, it is dinner time. I KNOW I should be in the kitchen, but ahh, it is nice to sit down. Actually, I am going to take a major shortcut tonight, and heat up some frozen bagelbites and make a salad.
I am sad. Not totally immersed in sadness, but sad. I have an uncle, Uncle Jerry. He is the younger brother of my dad. My dad had eleven brothers and sisters, and they were close when I was growing up. One of his brothers died of a heart attack, then another, then another, then one of cancer, then one (Jerry) accidentally killed his wife by strangling her with a dishtowel (I worked for a year at an insurance agency with his wife, M, and I know first hand that these two loved each other and spent all their time together. Drinking alcohol and getting into a fight can be deadly, I guess). Anyway, Jerry spent some time in prison, and my father always visited him and sent him things. Now my father is gone, only a few brothers and sisters are left, and Jerry is dying. He is down to 75 pounds, and kidney dialysis is doing more harm to his body than good, according to his doctor. I am not close to this uncle, but I feel such a responsiblilty towards him, because I know of all the family, my father would be there for him. The surviving family members don't seem to care. His sister who is involved in the medical decisions lives in Ohio and has no plans to come, she said she has already said her goodbyes. She said we can get together in the spring and scatter his ashes and then go out to dinner. EXCUSE ME? Oh, I am frustrated. I think my sister Cheryl and I are going to to and see him. No one should have to die alone. By the way, Jerry has one son. One son who is married with a few kids, and has not spoken to his father since his mother was killed when he was sixteen years old, over twenty years ago. He will not forgive his father. Sadness. Just plain sad.
Oh well. I am feeling the pressure here to get moving and make that dinner. Camille is jumping up and down and saying, "Snacky dinner, snacky dinner!"......



5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've been there. Sat by my dying uncle until he was gone, because his own children wouldn't do it. It's so hard. We'll say a prayer for Jerry and for you and your sister. Blessings--Bonnie

Cassandra said...

That is very sad (about Jerry. I think you are good to want to visit him before he passes Della. Your father would be proud of you for doing so as it sounds the rest of him have just turned their backs on him. Guilt has probably punished him enough over the years i would imagine....
Camille is such a cutie!

Cassandra xx
BTW i found out what the baby is! (and its only 1 baby too :-) )

Standinginhislight said...

Della, I think you are simply beautiful, and appreciate sharing bits of your life w/ us readers. Please drop by my blog and accept a Beautiful Blogger Award.
~Sheri

Catherine Anne said...

What sweet photos

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Bonnie, and Cassie-Ann, I hope you posted what the baby is....and Sheri, I will drop by...and thanks, Catherine Anne!